Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMH new line to be started

BMH new line to be started

Just as a heads up for the future, I have recently purchased a 9 month old BMH bitch Cheweky Alpha. She is from a good working line and is kennel club registered.

My intention is to bring her on to the same standard as Todd my 5 year old BMH dog, and in the future let Todd cover her and produce a litter from which I will choose a dog to eventually replace Todd.

I have already been approached by a few serious individuals with regards futuer events and a possible pup. Anyone also having a serious interest can PM me for a chat. Obviously this is in the future, but for those that have watched Todd work, and there have been a fair few off this site, you will all know what the quality of Todd as a tracking dog is like.

Thank you

Sikamalc

good to hear things went well with the bitch , will look forward to seen her when i come down with xena !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

No problem Lee, I am sure Todd is looking forward to it as well

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    No problem Lee, I am sure Todd is looking forward to it as well
    it will be good practice for him , he's got to try before he buys !

Discretion assured

No offence, but not really a new line bringing to the UK.

It is also a shame to see that nothing in the past 2-3 generations has been at least hip scored, a quick check online confirmed that. Hungry Horrice is the only recent individual to be applauded for at least completing the BMHS NA test.

A lot more is expected of our hounds by our European neighbours before even considering breeding.

Suzanne
    Last edited by sikamalc; 16-03-2011 at 19:55. Reason: advertising

[QUOTE=deertracker;197373]No offence, but not really a new line bringing to the UK.

It is also a shame to see that nothing in the past 2-3 generations has been at least hip scored, a quick check online confirmed that. Hungry Horrice is the only recent individual to be applauded for at least completing the BMHS NA test.

A lot more is expected of our hounds by our European neighbours before even considering breeding.

Suzann

I did not say it was a new line in the uk, did I !

Hungry Horrace is the sire to my new bitch, and if you care to look you will see that Todd's father was the Polish Field Trial champion.

I know what my dog is capable of as many other members who have equally good dogs on here do. My dog is a working dog not a show dog which some seem to be. Having visited the CLA two years ago to see some BMH dogs being paraded with red neckerchiefs round there necks was a bloody joke. I hope that your dogs are not of the same line

Thank you

Sikamalc
    Last edited by sikamalc; 16-03-2011 at 19:56.

[QUOTE=sikamalc;197435]
    Quote Originally Posted by deertracker View Post
    No offence, but not really a new line bringing to the UK.

Suzann

I did not say it was a new line in the uk, did I !

Hungry Horrace is the sire to my new bitch, and if you care to look you will see that Todd's father was the Polish Field Trial champion.

I know what my dog is capable of as many other members who have equally good dogs on here do. My dog is a working dog not a show dog which some seem to be. Having visited the CLA two years ago to see some BMH dogs being paraded with red neckerchiefs round there necks was a bloody joke. I hope that your dogs are not of the same line

Thank you

Sikamalc
    A BIG +1 ON THE ABOVE !

Discretion assured

BMH breeding

I would be very interested to have any pupppies that came from Todd. Having seen him in action I would not hesitate to have one if I were in line for buying one. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Seeing him work was a pleasure. Some things cannot be taught by training alone, and Todd seems to have inherited his owners sixth sense for stalking. I wish you every success with breeding him in the future.

The starting of a new line can happen at any time and were it starts is decided by the indavidual involved. But a line is only decided once it is of a good lenght 3 for 5 or 7 generations with the good dogs bread to similar perantage. Not in breeding ie Brother to sister but line breeding and there is a fine line. But then there needs to be a quality start to the line and that quality needs to stay or be improved and this is were most of the problems come in. Regards hip scoring most working breeds didnt get hip scored as any defect would have shown its self long before the dog or bitch was bred from , Hunting hounds terriers and other real working dogs would need to meet a very high standard before they were classed as breeding stock. The Kennel club shows ,were you can have a champion by the age of 18 months., HE then becomes a high earning stud and this is were the real problems come from as these dogs can have defects that would never show because they are only ran round a ring once a weeks. I wish you well malcome and hope you improve on what you have and then it will be a line to be proud of. Deertracker i hope your dogs are worked and worked hard that way you will be able to reply to this thread if not you will never win.

Like what has been said above, i have seen todd in action and hes amazing. it just goes to show without a good dog sometimes you would be spending a very long time looking for a deer which was never all that far from you in the first place good luck with it for the future sikamalc, if the pups turn out half as good as todd they will be cracking dogs. hes a credit to you.