Any H4895 in North Yorkshire?!

flyingfisherman

HI Guys, I use H4895 and am getting low.. Ive ordered some from John at Stead Hall rifles but the delivery time is unknown, so im looking for a tub to tide me over. Ive tried my local gun shop and also Hannams, neither have this powder.

Anyone know where theres some?

At this rate im thinking of buying a keg full to avoid the obvious supply/demand issues which seem to becoming more and more frequent..

Now Ben you tried Planty's ! I hope somebody has some i need to make some bullets up for our wales trip next month !!

Planty said he has some on order, however, he also has some interbonds on order for me, that i ordered in mid October! Im not holding out much hope that he will be getting it pre WMS..

Have you tried Bond and Bywaters, although they are in preston, it might not be too far for you ?

I also shoot at stead hall.

Not tried that fella, its a bit too far for me to be honest, unless i get mega desperate. Ive got enough powder left for 30 rounds and thats it! :-S

It shows up on Tim Hannams price list, try emailing them and buy it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Ian

I would weep if I couldn't get H4895 anymore. It is a versatile powder that works in cartridges from .22 Hornet to 30-06 and is sterling for reduced loads to 66% of maximum. I just loaded some .222 using it. Same velocity as most other options but with significantly less pressure. My 30-06 load for my 03-A3 Springfield National Match rifle uses 4895 and a 168 grain match bullet and is Possible Capable out to 600 yards.~Muir

are you using 139gr interbonds with you 7 08 mate ? only thing i could get up here the now is 139 gr interlocks ! been trying barns 140 tsx with good results

yes matey, both interbonds and SSTs, finding the SSTs a little too explosive on deer though so will be sticking with the interbonds. The TSX is a solid copper isnt it?

yes they are !! 42 gr of varget is getting me 1/2 inch groups ! still got a lot to do with them but i think they could be good ! not tried them for real yet but from what i hear they are very dependable !

Back