Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zeiss Duralyt with illuminated reticle

New Zeiss Duralyt with illuminated reticle

Just saw these on the latest Fieldsports Britain video:

I'm thinking about getting an illuminated scope soon and was wondering if anybody has tried the non-illuminated version?

http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a80033f8e...2577de005674a1

edit:
    Just found the Zeiss Promo vid for the new illuminated Duralyt on YouTube:
    Last edited by Jonher; 16-03-2011 at 21:23.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

i have just bought the victory 6x24x56 illuminated and it is the dogs mate the illumination is great i have the 46 rec which is the milldot ?

Thanks for the reply jock.

I know the higher end stuff is great I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the entry level Duralyt models.
    Jonathan

I dont have one but I do know 3 or 4 guys that do and they are very good for the money! I am a bit hesitant however about how thin the cross hairs are but not to worry as obviously theres now the illuminated one! I shall certainly be getting one!

Quote Originally Posted by pwolstenholme View Post
    I dont have one but I do know 3 or 4 guys that do and they are very good for the money! I am a bit hesitant however about how thin the cross hairs are but not to worry as obviously theres now the illuminated one! I shall certainly be getting one!
    Do you know if there is much difference between these and the top end models at last light, would be interesting to hear roughly how many extra minutes you get when compared to the more expensive models?
    Jonathan

i get about 15 - 20 mins more at last light when i looked through the zeiss i could make out the barbs on the fence about 120 yards away no probs but when i looked through the schmidt 8x56 i could make the fence out but not the barbs on the fence so i would say well worth the money ?

jock

I have Zeiss Duralyt and a Zeiss Diatal Classic 8x56 , low light performance if i'm honest I don't think theres anything in it.
    Excellent value for money you would not be dissapointed.

Sounds promising, thanks for the reply!
    Jonathan

Gday guys.

Have these been released in the UK yet? Anyone used one yet and care to report on it?

Cheers

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post
    i get about 15 - 20 mins more at last light when i looked through the zeiss i could make out the barbs on the fence about 120 yards away no probs but when i looked through the schmidt 8x56 i could make the fence out but not the barbs on the fence so i would say well worth the money ?

jock
    This would presumably be with the 6-24 set at 8 power?