Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T8 Moderator Failure.

T8 Moderator Failure.

Saw some threads recently about `tinkling` noises in T8 mods.... and have been having the same thing happen to me. Well, I was out for a couple of muntjac the other week, and this was what happened to mine when I fired the second shot of the day ... It made me jump a bit I have to admit. I thought I was reasonably good at keeping my kit well serviced, clean and maintained !!! Have got a Roedale Delta V modular suppresor on now, and I have to say it it fantastic - and so much easier to clean and inspect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0026.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	5504

Checking my records for the .243 on which it was fitted, this mod has only had 1743 rounds through it.

I was thinking about buying one for my 308, I think I will reconsider.
    Regards Oli

Nothing lasts forever eh

Just found a pinhole puncture in my T8. Its been in use for about 10 years now so no complaints but as trouble said, if you use it it wont last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Saw some threads recently about `tinkling` noises in T8 mods.... and have been having the same thing happen to me. Well, I was out for a couple of muntjac the other week, and this was what happened to mine when I fired the second shot of the day ... It made me jump a bit I have to admit. I thought I was reasonably good at keeping my kit well serviced, clean and maintained !!! Have got a Roedale Delta V modular suppresor on now, and I have to say it it fantastic - and so much easier to clean and inspect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0026.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	5504

Checking my records for the .243 on which it was fitted, this mod has only had 1743 rounds through it.
    bit of weld and it will be good as new!!

Had the same thing with one that I got used and keep thinking about a weld to fix it as suggested. I got a new one to replace it instead and had some advice to extend its life.

Always remove it after use from rifle and allow to air dry / acclimatise to room temp before storage.

Never had a problem with zero doing this.

Contact VON on here.... cant remember exactly,but im sure he told me Jacksons will replace them?????????

Nell

Just a question. Did you always removed the neoprene sleeve following an outing? Especially if wet or out in the cold? It looks very green/tainted. Ive got the same mod and always dry adn spray it with WD40 inside and out.

I think I will remove mine now when on the range and only use when required, might extend the life of the expensive item

looks like a pinhole caused by corrosion, I would expect this to be the tip of the iceberg, probably the whole interior is eaten away and this is just the first bit to go, bigger can of WD40 needed ?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."