Thread: Typical!!!!

Typical!!!!

Ben putting a few hours in at alocal farm(baiting etc) to get to grips with the fox problem there(farmer is about to start lambing). So far I havent shot one. Went last night for a few hours, when we arrived the fog had come in sow e walked out of the yard to the first field with the lamp (only the lamp) just to see how much visibility we had before getting the rifle out. I actually said, Ill see my ass if there is a fox here.....moved lamp to the right, 30 yards out fox sitting looking straight at us!!!!! TYPICAL

Went to check the bait etc but didnt get another look and couldnt see past 50 yards max. He will keep!!!

This reminds me of a story told to me years ago.
    A keeper had a problem with a fox continually taking birds outside a pen, so one dark and wet night he and his underkeeper parked the landrover pickup in an area where the fox had been seen. They climbed into the back of the pickup with a range of squeakers and calls and lamp and rifle and spend the next 4 hours trying to find the fox.
    After four hours in the cold and rain they were frozen so they climbed back into the front of the landrover started the engine, turned on the heater, turned on the head lights, and there sitting not 20 yds in front of the landrover was the fox.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    This reminds me of a story told to me years ago.
    A keeper had a problem with a fox continually taking birds outside a pen, so one dark and wet night he and his underkeeper parked the landrover pickup in an area where the fox had been seen. They climbed into the back of the pickup with a range of squeakers and calls and lamp and rifle and spend the next 4 hours trying to find the fox.
    After four hours in the cold and rain they were frozen so they climbed back into the front of the landrover started the engine, turned on the heater, turned on the head lights, and there sitting not 20 yds in front of the landrover was the fox.
    Was it eating a bag of popcorn and sipping on a large coke

You need one of those foxpro caller!!!!

LOL

Very often take a couple of fox, & then make safe in the early hours to go home................... mod off, mag out, bolt out..............................("Bugg*r, look at that sod sat over there!")
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by martinl View Post
    You need one of those foxpro caller!!!!

LOL
    Ha ha like it!!!

Hi Stevie,

caught my first fox with the caller the other evening.

Quote Originally Posted by martinl View Post
    Hi Stevie,

caught my first fox with the caller the other evening.
    Excellent. Please to hear it. Once those cubs start coming you will see how useful the caller is!!! Ive just posted another that I shot last night, huge dog fox which appeared to have come from the direction of another piece of land, acriss a main road to get to where I shot it. Also had a fox calling back to the fox call (think I sent you 2 fox calls).

Would someone be so kind to post a few links etc to some proven to work fox calls? Have always stuck to the traditional hand squeek method but would like to try electronic methods also.

Tom

try a "u caller" (look on ebay for some great deals on them) but u cant beat the WAM not all foxes like the same tunes!