Moved Posts (RE: witnessing)

6pointer

Admin Edit: I've moved these out of Paul's AW for Muntjac Swap Thread - Alex

I hope your not useing your chosen position Paul for finacial gain tut tut

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure this is ethicaly correct. Favour for a favour. Another failing of the DMQ system of none regulation.

Not sure this is ethicaly correct. Favour for a favour. Another failing of the DMQ system of none regulation.

To be perfectly honest my thoughts two,also like to make the point,that in no way am i calling Paul Dishonest,and would i get the same offer to clue me up on my permission in Dumfries ?

Bernie

Chris people moan to have to pay someone like me to witness them.
Why should this favour alter anything, you could get written off without even going into the field with someone.
Trust is the big thing here.
If I wanted to shoot a different deer to what I have locally I would do the same as Paul and my witnessing would not be biased by this favour.
Most people do the dsc2 because they can do it and want to do it.
Those that want to cheat will but what does it prove to themselves other than they cheated. They must be then frightened to stalk in other dsc2 holders company as they would be very transparent and i would certinally ask "who the fook witnessed you"? I would not want anyone saying that about anybody I witnessed.

No Chris this is a way of life,
the only failings here I see are from the taxman who can't regulate such actions and long may that live
and also shortsighted individuals who just want to critisize others for offering such favours instead of cash, as sometimes cash is harder to find than swapping something you already hav
Thank god DMQ are not as bloody minded

Cris and Bernie.... Couldnt disagree more..

Great offer by Paul to help someone out that may be fortunate with a bit of permission but not necessarily fortunate in the wallet to pay ever increasing costs to get himself signed off or just take the training and what possible flaw could the training have????...

Whats wrong with two guys having an arrangement like that unless you are questioning Pauls integrity to show no favours whilst the assesement takes place...

This site is full of sceptics arent we here to help each other ?

Terry

To be perfectly honest my thoughts two,also like to make the point,that in no way am i calling Paul Dishonest,and would i get the same offer to clue me up on my permission in Dumfries ?

Bernie

I am sure the offer was made in good faith but feel it may be miss gide.

Chris people moan to have to pay someone like me to witness them.
Why should this favour alter anything, you could get written off without even going into the field with someone.
Trust is the big thing here.
If I wanted to shoot a different deer to what I have locally I would do the same as Paul and my witnessing would not be biased by this favour.
Most people do the dsc2 because they can do it and want to do it.
Those that want to cheat will but what does it prove to themselves other than they cheated. They must be then frightened to stalk in other dsc2 holders company as they would be very transparent and i would certinally ask "who the fook witnessed you"? I would not want anyone saying that about anybody I witnessed.

Here lie's the Problem,to gain level 2 if you have no ground of your own,you have to book in with the Various places to shoot deer for a Qualification, at the price they Ask,
To pass my driving test i pay the Gov the going rate and pass or fail
It should be the same with level two, without Accredited witness's Minting up on folk coz they have permission

Bernie

Here lie's the Problem,to gain level 2 if you have no ground of your own,you have to book in with the Various places to shoot deer for a Qualification, at the price they Ask,
It should be the same with level two, without Accredited witness's Minting up on folk coz they have permission

Bernie

Bernie...

Everybody is required to have an M.O.T

Are you saying the friends and family i didnt charge the full going rate had an inferior or unsafe MOT..

The only favour they had was to save a few bob and why not...

Get real guys... been a beautiful sunny day down here

Terry

Bernie...

Everybody is required to have an M.O.T

Are you saying the friends and family i didnt charge the full going rate had an inferior or unsafe MOT..

The only favour they had was to save a few bob and why not...

Get real guys... been a beautiful sunny day down here

Terry

You might have a family member who can MOT for you i Aint,so its full wack for me

This Level 2 really winds me up,if i want to drive a Forklift truck,Excavator,dumptruck,Dozzer i have to go on a course and Pass or Fail.with a Gov approved provider

But Level Two is Different i could go out with an Accredited witness Every morning and night for a week, at £50 a throw, and not see jack sh*t with a cost of 700 bar and thats Right ???

Bernie

Last edited:

Bernie
Bernie if you have no ground, why do you need a dsc2 in the first place? You will be looking at buying shooting so your guide should have it(or equivilant) and can enter the deer into the food chain. Or you will be joining a syndicate and training maybe given in your first year.
The costs involved to me who earns a living from deer have to be covered. I charge £40 more if a deer is grassed to witness the stalk. I did one today and had the lad in my house for 3 hours and had many cups of tea,sat infront of my fire used my chiller and ameanities, then theres the 1/2 hour on the phone with his assessor in the evening when i'm having a few hours with my family.
I'm in bussiness. You have a choice you pay me or you acept a favour from some one like paul and expect him to be fair with his test not to "go easy on you"
suspision will get you no where.
No one is forcing you to pay me or anyone there are ways and bringing pro's and kind hearted people into disrespect will get you no where.
regards john

You might have a family member who can MOT for you i Aint,so its full wack for me

This Level 2 really winds me up,if i want to drive a Forklift truck,Excavator,dumptruck,Dozzer i have to go on a course and Pass or Fail.with a Gov approved provider

But Level Two is Different i could go out with an Accredited witness Every morning and night for a week, at £50 a throw, and not see jack sh*t with a cost of 700 bar and thats Right ???

Bernie
Bernie I see your point
but it is not a gov run scheme
gov run schemes are set courses which requires you to pass a set standard with everthing you need to pass is put in front of you
L2 is a scheme which is based on your own experience and you need to find a deer in the first place to fullfill the rest of the course
imagine if you turned up at a forklift test and was expected to spend 3 hours looking for a non existent forklift or so you thought
find the forklift you hav a chance of passing if not you fail
how much is a forklift course these days anyway??? and how many years is it valid for ?????

Bernie

Hi Bernie,

It must have been pooring where you live today mate...

Out all week.. 14 outings and see jack ****... No Bernie, thats not Right....

You have just contradicted yourself in your argument as here is a kind fella namely Paul offering his services just to avoid the very incident you describe above as im sure the chap offering him down to his lease for training/assesement will now if he has any deer or not....

Atb

Terry

Bernie if you have no ground, why do you need a dsc2 in the first place? You will be looking at buying shooting so your guide should have it(or equivilant) and can enter the deer into the food chain. Or you will be joining a syndicate and training maybe given in your first year.
The costs involved to me who earns a living from deer have to be covered. I charge £40 more if a deer is grassed to witness the stalk. I did one today and had the lad in my house for 3 hours and had many cups of tea,sat infront of my fire used my chiller and ameanities, then theres the 1/2 hour on the phone with his assessor in the evening when i'm having a few hours with my family.
I'm in bussiness. You have a choice you pay me or you acept a favour from some one like paul and expect him to be fair with his test not to "go easy on you"
suspision will get you no where.
No one is forcing you to pay me or anyone there are ways and bringing pro's and kind hearted people into disrespect will get you no where.
regards john

Lets get something Straight here i ain't calling anybody Dishonest, and aint Disrespecting any one,You do not know my Personal Circumstances for wanting my level 2, a few do here,so lets not go down that route

I do know a a few accredited witness's who could write me off,but i don't work like that, as any folk will tell you who know me

Its just the System stinks to me,was designed by Money folk, for money folk,Why not stalk imaginary deer till Proficient,the a test at a Slaughter house on Sheep for the Gralloch ?/

Bernie

Although I dont agree with DSC what is the issue here someone has offered there time and fuel to witness someone.

I can see only good
Good of Paul to give up his time and fuel to either witness or if they are not good enough train them
and it will give Paul experiance of stalking another species

The other option is for some to pay for a stalk and then pay another £40 for a signature

Bernie if you want to get it done quick why not go to David Steettons and shoot all 3 in his park they are tame enough that all 3 are dead certs in 3 outingings

Last edited:
I can see only good
Good of Paul to give up his time and fuel to either witness or if they are not good enough train them
and it will give Paul experiance of stalking another species

The other option is for some to pay for a stalk and then pay another £40 for a signature

wow we can agree.
Though i have done the same as paul and shot cwd, munjac,roe, and fallow on long weekends 1 day as a witness day 2 as a stalker.

Last edited:
Another thing that winds me up is all this entering the Food chain Bollo's,as i have stated before who checks rabbits ???

Also i spent two years as a slaughter man,i have proof on my CV,and i can't slaughter a deer but good enough for everything else in the Food chain ???

Bernie

Back