Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: AW Cost

  1. #1

    AW Cost

    Guys, I have been looking at threads regarding how much an AW should charge for a days work. The current thinking seems to be most AW are making money from outings.

    The scenario is AW gives up a Day to go out and Witness someone else Stalking, Travels a round trip of 70miles and takes a total of 7hrs to complete Drive and Stalk.

    Question how much should he expect to charge for giving up his time and cover travel costs.

    Dalkur

  2. #2
    dalkur most AW do not charge at all but if you are going to shoot there deer then hey ho you will need to pay. I dont see any one else giveing to many deer away for free. Your scenario if it were me would cost you 20 but it would not take 7 hours more like four and make sure you have deer to go at.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 17-03-2011 at 23:57.

  3. #3
    Good question how much does average man get paid plus cost of office etc. AWs have to concentrate quite hard throughout I know how tireing it is.just cos our office is outside still cost to rent and run it.wish it paid as much as say accountant/solicitor/other professional.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dalkur View Post
    Guys, I have been looking at threads regarding how much an AW should charge for a days work. The current thinking seems to be most AW are making money from outings.

    The scenario is AW gives up a Day to go out and Witness someone else Stalking, Travels a round trip of 70miles and takes a total of 7hrs to complete Drive and Stalk.


    Question how much should he expect to charge for giving up his time and cover travel costs.



    Dalkur

    To be blunt and honest theres no one out there that paid for there approved witness ticket ,so why should anyone have to pay for it ?

    I've done stalks all over Scotland, due to the current state of the fuel costs, if they will cover my cost of fuel that's it ?

    There are plenty of people out there that do charge ,if they do charge it should be as a business and set out as such paying tax insurance etc providing receipts , BUT that doesn't happen .

    When something goes wrong there's no shrugging shoulders and saying I didn't know you take money you must provide a service .

    I run my own business I know what problems arise from that insurances, risk assessments, health and safety the ish I don't want involved in any of that, when i'm out for a bit of enjoyment.

  5. #5

    Thumbs up good luck

    you get what you pay for mate is the simple answer.
    it will cost from 50 to 200 for the stalk write up and keep the deer.
    At the end of the day getting the L2 is/will be a priority and some will pay a lot to have it complete. some will take advantage of that, not my experience.
    the i do it for free genuine guys do exist and that cant be taken away from them.
    Dont be misled into thinking there is more than there is on here.
    I would suggest going to a paying guide as they will complete papers there for you and you will not have to wait months for your book back or wait years for the stalk...

    that my experience anyway.

    atb with your l2

    frank

  6. #6
    I thought the going rate was a muntjac
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  7. #7
    Widows Son I agree with you I do not charge except expenses, but I have seen so many on here complain about the cost I want those people to think before complaining.
    You and I paid for level 1 and possibly L2 plus years of learning.
    Just another thought how many expect to get L2 without sufficent experiance?
    It is the nearest thing to a professional qualification I can imagine without being so.
    In industry I paid the price to gain qualifactions, even paid to learn and that my driving test.
    So please no more complaints about cost of AW,s
    Last edited by roedeerred; 18-03-2011 at 08:03. Reason: Layout

  8. #8
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    To be blunt and honest theres no one out there that paid for there approved witness ticket ,so why should anyone have to pay for it ?

    I've done stalks all over Scotland, due to the current state of the fuel costs, if they will cover my cost of fuel that's it ?

    There are plenty of people out there that do charge ,if they do charge it should be as a business and set out as such paying tax insurance etc providing receipts , BUT that doesn't happen .

    When something goes wrong there's no shrugging shoulders and saying I didn't know you take money you must provide a service .

    I run my own business I know what problems arise from that insurances, risk assessments, health and safety the ish I don't want involved in any of that, when i'm out for a bit of enjoyment.
    Thats not true

    Both me and my mate whilst doing our DSC2 got stung for 760 between us with Green Lees for an evening stalk and a morning stalk inc accomodation and eve meal and neither of us saw a ferking deer, he also wanted 180 to accompany us on our own patch. Thats why I played merry hell and Andrew Treadway the assessor kindly helped out on the understanding that I would return the same favour for expenses only as and when I got my DSC2. which I have kept my promise. There are people out there Robert who are making a very nice wedge out of the system so please dont portray its all done for nothing because it isnt. The way things was going having to pay megga money intially i could forsee getting a DSC2 could have cost us easily 5000 a piece and its not what DMQ had in mind but there are guys out there getting stuffed as I have myself in the past.

    Regards
    Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 18-03-2011 at 08:16.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Thats not true

    Both me and my mate whilst doing our DSC2 got stung for 760 between us with Green Lees for an evening stalk and a morning stalk inc accomodation and eve meal and neither of us saw a ferking deer, he also wanted 180 to accompany us on our own patch. Thats why I played merry hell and Andrew Treadway the assessor kindly helped out on the understanding that I would return the same favour for expenses only as and when I got my DSC2. which I have kept my promise. There are people out there Robert who are making a very nice wedge out of the system so please dont portray its all done for nothing because it isnt. The way things was going having to pay megga money intially i could forsee getting a DSC2 could have cost us easily 5000 a piece and its not what DMQ had in mind but there are guys out there getting stuffed as I have myself in the past.

    Regards
    Stu
    I don't think your experience will be an isolated one.....

  10. #10
    My first AW stalk costs:

    To stalk the land 50
    To take the doe 30
    AW cost: collect him from his house then pay him 100

    Outcome, stalk/safety/knowledge etc absolutely fine, AW wouldnt write the gralloch up because I dont do the gralloch the same way he does!

    Waste of money

    Subsequent stalks being completed with different AW for the cost of letting him stalk one of the 'good' bucks on the bit of land I stalk.

    Tony
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Similar Threads

  1. AW required
    By NigelM in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 14-03-2011, 22:24
  2. Wanted Stalking with AW
    By kingstonandy in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 20:09
  3. Available AW Witness
    By 6pointer in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-12-2010, 18:54
  4. AW - Payment
    By bambislayer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 09:13
  5. Aw do
    By North Country Boy in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-12-2008, 00:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •