Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makes my heart glad.

Makes my heart glad.

I was leaving the Hospital after an extended shift when a young lady -a 4th year medical student that had scrubbed in for some surgeries- approached me and asked what I was doing this weekend. I said "Nothing special. Why?" She then asked if I would take her out to shoot prairiedogs! I said I would if the weather held, but I would need to get her to the range and have her get situated with the rifle she would be using.

We went to the range an hour later and she settled in behind the Winchester .222 quite easily. It turns out her Dad is a shooter and reloader and she was well versed in all the basics. We migrated to handgun after a while and then retired to the local bar to warm up. The temps are going to hit 60F today so we will be going out as planned.

I was reloading some .222 for her this morning and was reflecting on how nice it was to see a pretty young lady -and a soon to be doctor, no less- with a real passion for shooting. It gives me hope for yet another generation of potential shooters.~Muir

Andy, don't you just have it all mate!........... talk about rubbing salt in the wounds!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Andy, don't you just have it all mate!........... talk about rubbing salt in the wounds!
    Pah! Somebody just told her (and I quote) "...talk to Andy. He had a few hundred guns."

Have it all?? I can't get mushy peas here. You guys can get them whenever you wish, I'm sure. Don't tell me I have it all.... ~Muir

Andy, I would be most happy to transport a vast amount of our mushy peas over there, in exchange for your new lady friend, along with some of your more sensible firearms laws!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sounds more like you've fallen asleep and had a fantastic dream. LMFAO

I think you have the sticky sock sindrome You could write for some of the more popular top shelf shooting mags mate.

How do you get sticky socks when wearing sandals????

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    How do you get sticky socks when wearing sandals????
    I would have thought by eating a shed full of those mussy peas Your intent on sending him Finn

But that assumption would require at least eight pints of draught Guiness!

This nice young lady would probably not appreciate being bartered for delicious legumes, but you never know...

We did go shooting and got rained and snowed on. She never quit. We waited on a belt of sunshine that brought up a few dogs. She head shot two with my .222 and I missed one with my Hornet before the weather closed back in. The girl was totally comfortable behind the trigger. It was great.~Muir