Makes my heart glad.

Muir

I was leaving the Hospital after an extended shift when a young lady -a 4th year medical student that had scrubbed in for some surgeries- approached me and asked what I was doing this weekend. I said "Nothing special. Why?" She then asked if I would take her out to shoot prairiedogs! I said I would if the weather held, but I would need to get her to the range and have her get situated with the rifle she would be using.

We went to the range an hour later and she settled in behind the Winchester .222 quite easily. It turns out her Dad is a shooter and reloader and she was well versed in all the basics. We migrated to handgun after a while and then retired to the local bar to warm up. The temps are going to hit 60F today so we will be going out as planned.

I was reloading some .222 for her this morning and was reflecting on how nice it was to see a pretty young lady -and a soon to be doctor, no less- with a real passion for shooting. It gives me hope for yet another generation of potential shooters.~Muir

Andy, don't you just have it all mate!........... talk about rubbing salt in the wounds!:D

Pah! Somebody just told her (and I quote) "...talk to Andy. He had a few hundred guns."

Have it all?? I can't get mushy peas here. You guys can get them whenever you wish, I'm sure. Don't tell me I have it all.... :(~Muir

Andy, I would be most happy to transport a vast amount of our mushy peas over there, in exchange for your new lady friend, along with some of your more sensible firearms laws!:D

I think you have the sticky sock sindrome :rofl: You could write for some of the more popular top shelf shooting mags mate.;)

This nice young lady would probably not appreciate being bartered for delicious legumes, but you never know...

We did go shooting and got rained and snowed on. She never quit. We waited on a belt of sunshine that brought up a few dogs. She head shot two with my .222 and I missed one with my Hornet before the weather closed back in. The girl was totally comfortable behind the trigger. It was great.~Muir

Muir Mate, Don't worry, they are only jelous because the only company they can get to go shooting with is dirty old men that smell of urine and wear grubby old raincoats, flat caps and wellies!;)

P.S. I'm jelous as hell too, what have you got that I haven't, and don't say a bigger barrel!:rofl:

Dont worry lads it can happen over her too shooting foxes yesterday on a local shoot and called in for a pint after, young lady came outside for a smoke and asked it I would take her out :rolleyes: Deer stalking:doh:she is not hard in the eye going to be a real pleasure.
Ps fox drives went well 6dogs 1vixen(barren)

Don't you gents get too concerned for our friend in Montana, he don't get to do too much stuff that he does not want to an plenty that he does want to ;)

I knew he was going shooting with a young lady, but he was mysteriously light on the details, it's a good thing he is trustworthy :eek:

John

This young lady is safe from any lewd intentions on my part as I would be violating dating Rule No 1 set by my daughter after my divorce, which is, "Nobody younger than me." ~Muir

[Rule #2: "None of my friends"]

Muir Mate, Don't worry, they are only jelous because the only company they can get to go shooting with is dirty old men that smell of urine and wear grubby old raincoats, flat caps and wellies!;)

P.S. I'm jelous as hell too, what have you got that I haven't, and don't say a bigger barrel!:rofl:

:lol: Nope. She asked around about shooting prairiedogs and was pointed to me. Last year a med student said she'd like to learn how to shoot handgun and I got the call as well. It is pretty well known that I shoot quite a bit and used to teach handgun marksmanship. I'll be giving this nice lady some daily classes as well.

This girl is not stranger to the gun. She shoots competitive trap, has hunted deer with high powered rifle and black powder and has shot antelope in the eastern part of the state. At about about 6 feet tall, she's also and ex collegiate volley-ball player who went through her undergrad degree on a scholarship. We were in the bar last night after shooting, playing pool, and we got talking musical tastes. She hates Hip-Hop, rave, Rap... likes old rock and roll and country music. I put 5$ in the juke box and told her to play what she liked and never had a complaint with any song she chose... in fact, she chose quite a few that are my favorites. A buddy of mine looked at me and asked where girls like her were 35 years ago when we were young and single. No where to be found, I think.

Like I said, it does my heart glad to see someone like her coming up through the hunting ranks.~Muir

This young lady is safe from any lewd intentions on my part as I would be violating dating Rule No 1 set by my daughter after my divorce, which is, "Nobody younger than me." ~Muir

[Rule #2: "None of my friends"]

Well sad Muir. It only gets complicated when it's friends that are envolved.

Remember though, KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER. ;)

Rgds, Buck.

Dont worry lads it can happen over her too shooting foxes yesterday on a local shoot and called in for a pint after, young lady came outside for a smoke and asked it I would take her out :rolleyes: Deer stalking:doh:she is not hard in the eye going to be a real pleasure.
Ps fox drives went well 6dogs 1vixen(barren)
If you find you are strugling at all give me a shout:D

Well sad Muir. It only gets complicated when it's friends that are envolved.

Remember though, KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER. ;)

Rgds, Buck.

Maybe, but my daughter was saying I couldn't date HER friends!!:D If i kept them close I'd get words from The Daughter In Chief! :scared:~Muir

Back