Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot 2011.

8x57

Distinguished Member
It’s not that long ago that we held the stalking directory H4H shoot in Monmouth and already a couple of guys have started talking about holding a shoot this year. Last year’s shoot was originally planned for July but put back until the end of October which made the original planned weekend with overnight camp impractical something that disappointed a few of us because it didn’t give us the chance to have a few beers and swap lies, well shooting stories anyway.

While Monmouth rifle club are prepared to host the event again this year it may be possible to hold the shoot on an open outdoor range, we are currently investigating the feasibility.

Let’s have your views guys – what interest is there in holding another event? Also let’s hear what improvements we need to make and what you want from such an event. Suggestions of suitable dates would also be welcome.

It’s already taken for granted that we need to speed things up considerably something that should be possible with a greater number of firing points that will be available on an outdoor range.

Just an idle thought from a newby, but if you supported H4H last year why not vary the charity? There are an immense number of worthy charities struggling at the moment.

put my name on that list toot sweet! Away in July, but will support from afar if need be. Great event last time!

Cheers,

mark

It’s great to receive replies so quickly from site members who all provided so much support and assistance last year but most of all who turned up with a very positive attitude and who simply wanted to enter into the spirit of things.
Apache I take on board your comment about other deserving charities it’s just that a couple of chaps have already started referring to it as the H4H shoot and this site has a certain affinity for that very deserving charity. I’m open to suggestions, all I will say is that last year things ran away from us and what was initially planned as a simple fun shoot for site members with range fees donated to H4H quickly evolved into a charity event. Let’s see what the site members want and take it from there.

Great to see the planning process has started for this year Mike! I'm up for it again definitely.

Let us know if there is anything SD can do to to help.

Alex

finnbear are these the lines to which you refer ?

The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die

Yea count me in,
Last year the was a very good raffle, with some very good prizes.
However we only sold tickets on the day. How about selling the tickets on line before,for those that cannot make it.

Sorry

Last edited:
Miffy you may not have noticed but raffle tickets were sold in advance last year. Also where some people wanted to support the shoot but couldn't attend and sent donations instead, I thought it only fair that raffle tickets were bought on their behalf and held for them. This however does created a bit more work because if an absentee wins something it then has to be posted to them if another member isn't passing or in contact with them.

I've slept on the suggestion of donating any profits to charities other than H4H, but my vote will be to stay with H4H. Buckup suggested LACS but I don't think he was serious, or was he? :rolleyes::lol: Perhaps he's a deep cover sleeper!

Keep the ideas coming guys.

I've slept on the suggestion of donating any profits to charities other than H4H, but my vote will be to stay with H4H.

Plus the trophy has the H4H logo permanently etched in glass! :D

I forgot about that Alex. We're going to have a hell of a job levering the trophy out of BenC's hands. Perhaps he will loan it to us for a few hours.:lol:

Mind you I won't lend him my rifle this year, he can bring his own bloody rifle!

I forgot about that Alex. We're going to have a hell of a job levering the trophy out of BenC's hands. Perhaps he will loan it to us for a few hours.:lol:

Mind you I won't lend him my rifle this year, he can bring his own bloody rifle!

I'll order up, and lend him some special wonky homeloads if it will help the trophy change hands.:lol::D

I used them last year it would seem:rolleyes:.

Are you going to come and show us how you Maureens shoot then Terry?:lol: :rofl:

Perhaps you can persaude they rest of the crazy gang to join you.

Just as a general sounding - how would a date between the 12th and 26th June suit the site members? Do you know of any events that this might clash with????

Last edited:
Back