What d ya recon of my high seat????

204 Ruger

The farmer at a new permission is so pleased with the effort weve put in to trying to sort out the fox problem on his sheep farm is so pleased that he asked me the other day would a high seat be useful.....Obviously I said yes, next thing hes started building one 10ft up in a tree apx 200 yards from the farmyard. Perfect spot with visibility and safe shots all around (except in he direction of the yard obviously). I went up today to give him a lift and get the support beams in for resting the rifles on. Hes even cut down all the trees and branches surrounding it to ensure a clear shot at all angles. What a top bloke....
View attachment 5525 View attachment 5524
When I get chance ill take some pics of the view from each side but here are some of the high seat.

I always wanted a decent treee house when I was a kid :)

pencil.png

Last edited:
Its probably safer than it looks mate.
get in it and start knocking them down there are cubs under ground now so hungry parents are good to deal with.

Yeah, its really solid. Put lots of support unde rit, last thing we need is one of us falling out wiht a loaded rifle!!! Dropped a big dog fox at this perm on Thursday night, just paced it out, was 254 yards away but down hill for part, line of siht apx 200 yards. WELL pleased ith the shot. Hes had a big problem there for past 5 years and as mentioned on PM only just contacted me.

got a similar one above one of my phezi pens its been there 10 yrs this year fell asleep in it many a time when i should have been waiting for charlie ,had barn owls and kestrels sit right next to me on a branch
good luck with yours
norma

is there room for me you and all your kit up there???? he must have bin made up with that big dog fox the other nite to make that tree house well more places to play (GILL NOT GOING TO SEE U NOW IS SHE)

Sorry mate i cant see the same seat as every one else it looks crap and when the tree limbs move at a differing pace it should pull apart quite easy. But it is good to have the backing of the landowner. I hope you shoot plenty off it.:eek:

Looks like a nice bit of Hen Pen joinery:lol: Hope them 6 inch nails dont stick through in the wrong place:D

Looks like a nice bit of Hen Pen joinery:lol: Hope them 6 inch nails dont stick through in the wrong place:D

Its quality workmanship that... I even hammered some of the nails in myself. It held 30 stone plus gear last night without even a creak. Yes it may move as the tree moves eventually but can be modified as required. Very pleased with it. Oh did I mention that he's going to link his sky TV to it too

:D

Cracking job Stevie,I was too embarassed to post a picture of mine, but now i know i'm not the only one to have a go at "home grown", here's my second attempt :) took me about two days on and off and is made from an old market traders stall frame.
View attachment 5556

If its of sound construction, why should it need to look like it came from IKEA?, & if you can't cope with a little bit of movement, then your intended quarry is too far away anyway!.

Only In america Eh?...Bloody hell I wouldnt go to sleep In there thats for sure!...Good effort though ;)

Maybe this one would be more secure then. :D They must have a lot of deer on the ground to warrant that type of construction effort!

Then again you could try this one! :scared:

Its quality workmanship that... I even hammered some of the nails in myself. It held 30 stone plus gear last night without even a creak. Yes it may move as the tree moves eventually but can be modified as required. Very pleased with it. Oh did I mention that he's going to link his sky TV to it too

Pot bellied stove, cooker, got it made. I would spend days up there.:D

Back