Whats this old clunker worth in the UK? It seems exy to me.

John Gryphon

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Calibre[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]243W[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Make[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]BSA[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Model[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]CF2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Action[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Bolt repeater[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Scope[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Rings and bases[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Condition[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Very good[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Serial No.[/SIZE][/FONT] #########
11R2675.jpg

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Price[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$585[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Advertised[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]20 Mar 11[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Licence No[/SIZE][/FONT]##########
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Comments[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Very accurate BSA CF2 with free floating 540mm target barrel and lightened trigger, refinished stock with attractive figuring to timber, mirror bore. Bridge mount with 1" rings included[/SIZE][/FONT]

It will depend on how you view it. That's a nice piece of wood which matters to some. Blaser and Sauer owner pay a fortune for good wood on theirs. The barrel does not sound original if it is it will be roll marked on top Birmingham Small Arms Birmingham England.

I am not familar with rifles pricing is Australia so cannot comment on if it's good or bad.

Brithunter

I am not familar with rifles pricing is Australia so cannot comment on if it's good or bad. EQ

BH

Note I was asking what its real worth is in the UK:D IE similar would bring ?

I had been looking for a BSA or Parker-Hale for a while and bought a P-H in the early winter. Although that BSA has nice wood it is not original having been re-barrelled by the sound of it, which will bring it down in price for collectors. On the main web-sites here I can find BSA's ranging in price from £140 to £350 (there are one or two for much more but they are way above the norm).

On the plus side, as Brit has mentioned, the wood looks good and what would a piece of timber like that cost to buy now? A lot i should imagine! And while the CF2 is not as highly regarded as the Monarch in BSA terms, it is a good solid action that will last several lifetimes and that wood is very nice indeed.

Simon

Damn the pot went Phish and was gone.....

Collectors like originality so they would likely shy away from it. Stalkers and shooters don't care about such things and the wood would catch many an eye. Price well take the mounts and cost them at say £35-£50 and the rifle is about £300. Not much to some more than enough for others. As far as i am aware only the CFT single shot target rifle and the scarce varmint H/B model had a floated barrel the others have the fore tip pressure point bedding.

At auction, even with the mounts, it would be a good day indeed that say it make anything much over £100 UK. sadly these S/H BSA or PH rifles are very much unloved. If you check out Holts at www.holtsauctioneers.co.uk you will see a BSA in most often every Sealed Bid sale they have.

Sadly we the punters often cannot get to the auctions and often their estimates are wildly inaccurate I have noticed.

So we are stuck with dealers and looking through them you will find this price is not out of line. My last purchase the Midland 2100 in 243 was £150 + £35 carriage and transfer fee. I see Midlands being offered at around the £300 mark on Guntrader.

What is worth and what it would realise are two separate things i'm afraid. I can see a rifle like that being put on the shelf at a gunshop for about £250 and sitting there for several years. It might shift as an impulse buy at a gamefair? JC

What is worth and what it would realise are two separate things i'm afraid. I can see a rifle like that being put on the shelf at a gunshop for about £250 and sitting there for several years. It might shift as an impulse buy at a gamefair? JC

Maybe where you are but they seem to be moving in a lot of places.

Now I have to curse Enfieldspares as I went and perused the Holts sealed bid auction and dammit there are several BSA Hunters, a Ralock and Armatic plus a BSA .410 Bolt action none of which I have yet :doh:. Must check again as if the 30-06 has the Besa i could seel off my .243 majestic with it and replace it with the 30-06 Hunter and still ahve a Besa equipped rifle plus a Hunter as i do have a .270 majestic....:D.

Not to mention the Parker-Hale Safari's and Safari Super............... Oh dear and I cannot afford them all..................................... :rofl:

I totally agree with JC275.
It might fetch £75, but in reality,I'd be amazed if it sold at all.

I totally agree with JC275.
It might fetch £75, but in reality,I'd be amazed if it sold at all.

Now you really must let us know where all these cheap old Parker-Hale's and BSA's are :cool: there are some holes in my collection that require filling.

Now you really must let us know where all these cheap old Parker-Hale's and BSA's are :cool: there are some holes in my collection that require filling.

They're in every auction house. They're gathering dust in shops. They're cluttering the cabinets of old men who last stalked in the 1980's.
Each to his own, but don't let your personal preference for old British rifles convince you that they're worth a fortune.

They're in every auction house. They're gathering dust in shops. They're cluttering the cabinets of old men who last stalked in the 1980's.
Each to his own, but don't let your personal preference for old British rifles convince you that they're worth a fortune.

:rofl: Hmm well never been to an auction as they always seem to come up when I am broke like now. Or licence is in for renewal/variation. Now as for this:-

but don't let your personal preference for old British rifles convince you that they're worth a fortune.

I shall have to remember that and point it out to every dealer who is selling them ;) of course your own preferences are not showing here?

You would not believe the trouble I had years ago finding a sporting/stalking 303 rifle. One shop said yes we have one and brought an sporterised N#4 out that was red with rust. Then some years later the classic shooting movement took off and they came out of the woodwork. Oh well I can pore over the Holts list and dream.

Back