Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SD Deer Dog Register?

Lightbulb SD Deer Dog Register?

I've picked this up from another thread (Runners!!!!!!) and thought it deserved discussion in its own right.

By way of an example of how this *might* work I have added some extra profile fields which you can fill in on your profile here:

Edit Profile

It is then displayed on your profile page that you have a dog available and how far you are willing to range. I've added a postcode field which is visible only to yourself as in the future it should be possible to add functionality to calculate distances.

You can also search the member list to find those members who have dogs available.

Search Memberlist (Just choose Deer Dog: yes and click Search)

Before going too far down this road it would be very useful to know if the fields I've added are the right fields, whether they are useful and whether any more are required before we get people to start filling it all in.

Once the bare bones are there (the data) we can build on it with searching, distances etc.

Alex

Looks like a good set of fields to give a travelling stalker a rough idea if help is on hand nearby. Perhaps a 'times available' field might be a good idea, for instance if someone regulary works 9-5 chances are they won't be available? Also a function for getting in touch with the dog man other than a stalking directory PM?

Just a few thought?

Tom

Correct me if I am wrong but I think there was consideration given to a register before. The problem stemmed from how to contact the handler. No problem putting on profile the availability of your dog but posting a contact telephone number on an open forum??
    Perhaps there could be a way around this by stalkers directly contacting handlers in their proposed stalking area before they go and obtaining contact details just in case.

Account Suspended
    Perhaps it may be frugal if in the information it indicated if there was a charge and if so how much before a commitment to engage a fellow stalker with a deer search dog.

Regards
    Stu

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think there was consideration given to a register before. The problem stemmed from how to contact the handler. No problem putting on profile the availability of your dog but posting a contact telephone number on an open forum??
    Perhaps there could be a way around this by stalkers directly contacting handlers in their proposed stalking area before they go and obtaining contact details just in case.
    Thats a good idea Gazza preferably by P.M where no such information is disclosed publicly on an open forum if those willing on the list its easy to contact them by areas alone

There is the possibility of recording a mobile number for willing participants which remains private and the site could text them. That would be for the future though as it isn't a simple 10 minute setup!

I think just now if we could agree what data to collect it would be a good start. The facility is there then for you to find and maybe make contact with members in your area beforehand.

Once we have the data the rest can follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Perhaps it may be frugal if in the information it indicated if there was a charge and if so how much before a commitment to engage a fellow stalker with a deer search dog.

Regards
    Stu
    Field added.

Also an extra info field for any other requirements/restrictions

ive updated my profile and it will be a pleasure to help if i can !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

scotland near the border with england above carlisle
    View my Gallery (2)View my Gallery (2) Deer Dog Available
    two things

1 could you have a regional contact with the numbers of poeple with dogs

2 the cost issue might be one of fuel (given the high price) i think it would be fair to cover the cost

Updated. Warning can be a grumpy B if woken from slumbers but will be fine by the time I get there.