Sporting Rifle

I know that Sporting Rifle magazine has, at times, attracted a fair amount of stick on here and other boards, and I have been singularly unimpressed with some of the content in the past. At times, I would have been embarrassed to let a non-shooting friend read or even see a copy, which is probably not a positive thing.

However, having not bought a copy for over a year, I have bought the last two issues and have thoroughly enjoyed them. The articles were interesting and varied and the overall tone seemed to have moved on from the "Thwock, Thwack" genre, and from blatant advertorials. I was very impressed.

Given the amount of mud that has been flung at the magazine over the last few years, I just wanted to say a well done to those who've been involved at the improvement in the Magazine.

I was given a subs for Christmas, and would say I am glad the content appears to be better. I do wish they would stop printing every article as white or light out of a background colour though, it makes it tough on the eyes. I think I'll drop them a note to that effect, I recall a similar complaint got a result at another shooting mag.

I canceld my subscription because it was crap but have read the last two and they do seam to be on the up. Perhaps the Ed comes on hear for a gander and took heed!!

Dave

Last edited:
I was given a subs for Christmas, and would say I am glad the content appears to be better. I do wish they would stop printing every article as white or light out of a background colour though, it makes it tough on the eyes. I think I'll drop them a note to that effect, I recall a similar complaint got a result at another shooting mag.

I have the same problem, I can only read certain pages in good light,

Back