Thread: Thanks Notts Police FAC Dept

Thanks Notts Police FAC Dept

Just got my FAC back from Notts. They've granted me

1. An Open Ticket

2. .338 Win Mag on my ticket

3. And authority to shoot with it !!!!!!

After i've read about so many horror stories about peoples dealings with their local FAC Dept, its a big thanks from me to Notts for their sensible approach. Now just gota get a loan to buy the powder to fill the bloody cartridges

ATB

Scrun

Didn't know they had elk in Notts, I must pay them a visit...

Shame their neighbouring Constabulary in Derbyshire are such ar$*s when it comes to SG & FA Certs!

More expense

I'll have to get at least a .375 now, or should we just go and get a .50BMG each?

Dae

How long have you had your firearm certificate for before you applied for an open ticket, thinking of applying myself for an open ticket,

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Daemo View Post
    I'll have to get at least a .375 now, or should we just go and get a .50BMG each?

Dae
    Hiya mate

Do you think they'll do us a deal if we buy two ? And I doubt Notts will grant em for deer, maybe kevlar plated ones

Quote Originally Posted by GarryS View Post
    How long have you had your firearm certificate for before you applied for an open ticket, thinking of applying myself for an open ticket,

Garry
    pm'd

i can only say ive never had any problems with derbyshire (Ripley)i rung the nice people up and asked if i could have another .243 on my ticket went looking found a new sako 6.5X55 rung to say i wanted that instead and again no problems at all.
    the only thing is ive got to wait for about 4 or 5 week for my ticket to come back before i can pick my new gun up
    Jason
    Last edited by jason hunter; 25-03-2011 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemo View Post

Dae
    Not doing my cat is blacker than yours, but someone I know has got .375 and his ticket states deer/fox/vermin. Also got a mate who's got a .416, different constabularies, different views.

Ade

Cannot say i have had any problems with Derbyshire, always got what I asked for and always pleasant and happy to give advice over the phone, but my feelings may change if they refuse my open certificate

Garry