Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to use as work bench?

What to use as work bench?

Reloading press and dies bought, ready to go... However one problem! I've asked the misses if I can bolt it to the computer or kitchen table and got a 'NO'.
    What does anyone else use, don't fancy bolting anything to the wall. Can the folding ones from b&q be used. Any other ideas welcome.
    Regards Oli

I like bolting the goods to a plywood section and then carefully clamping that to the table, to be put away when my work completed. Lee makes a kit that allows you to quick detach presses and such from the aforementioned plywood. This makes storage easy.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I like bolting the goods to a plywood section and then carefully clamping that to the table, to be put away when my work completed. Lee makes a kit that allows you to quick detach presses and such from the aforementioned plywood. This makes storage easy.~Muir
    This is what I use, a piece of resin with my presses on them and use a quick clamp to secure it to the kitchen table
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

I bought a workbench from machine mart for about 80,it also has a lockable cabinet below the bench and a drawer as well as a shelf.
    Covered the top with a piece of rubber and bolted the press to that.

Made from worktop / chopboard offcuts - this lives in the under the stairs cupboard. In the past I've used a workmate with a couple of layers of chipboard g-clamped to it.

I built a reloading bench from timber and MDF. The top is painted white with garage floor paint. I dust it off before I use it so that if I spill powder I can still use it.

My reloading stuff is RCBS (got a job lot second hand) including a plate that fixes to the bench and has holes for the press, powder measure stand etc. Seems to work quite well.

Only downer is its in the garage, so I have to take all my stuff out there for a reloading session.

Cheers,

Bob

I use a converted work bench and it works fine. You will need to get as heavy a wood for the top if you want to do full length resizing.

ATVB

Dave

Made mine by getting an 8x6 ply sheet getting B&Q to cut it into four glueing and screwing together and screwing legs on. Cost less than 50 and works a treat. My Mk1 was a kitchen surface off cut or end of line [Get em cheap at B&Q when they sell off the damaged ones] screw to the underside a piece of 2x2" open your workmate and clamp it by closing the workmate top. Simples....

Oli

The late moe243 gave me a couple of kitchen work surface cut outs - where the sink and drainer are fitted in. I mount these on Black & Decker Workmates, so that if needed, everything can be tidied away.

Regards JCS

Thanks for your suggestions, think I will try bolting it to ply or work top off cut and clamping it to the table. Then keep an eye out for a cheap work bench in the future.
    Regards oli