Thread: Pheasant brooder huts

Pheasant brooder huts

I have to replace 4 possibly 6, 8x8 brooder huts and night shelters this year . They have to have floor and decent roof as well as treated timber.
    Seeing as I am up near Aberdeen the delivery would be a pain for most of the available commercial ones.So I thought maybe one or two of the members on here might know of a good supplier or Joiner who makes these things local? or at least Scotland?

(If I had my way I would burn the lot and get poults in!)

Any good contacts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Speak to Jimbo he's in that line of work .

i would personally look at the big huts that do about 1000 in you can walk in no bending and struggling with bags of food most are metal and lined so are more efficient heat wise at about 1800 each its an investment but believe you me life a lot easier doing it that way . you should be able to get them in scotland and the ones made in england include delivery i think they will also erect them for you all you do is connect the gas and water job done put plastick on the floor and shavings or chopped card seems to be the norm round here have been using big huts for a few years now its ten times better

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    i would personally look at the big huts that do about 1000 in you can walk in no bending and struggling with bags of food most are metal and lined so are more efficient heat wise at about 1800 each its an investment but believe you me life a lot easier doing it that way . you should be able to get them in scotland and the ones made in england include delivery i think they will also erect them for you all you do is connect the gas and water job done put plastick on the floor and shavings or chopped card seems to be the norm round here have been using big huts for a few years now its ten times better
    Yes that is 100% right I used to think there was no problem crawling in and out of 8x8 huts We only had about 60. Bugger that my backs ruined. Big sheds every time.

Mark