Thread: Head

Head

I was looking over some of my old heads the other day and came across this one and wondered if it was worth a measure, the pictures are not good, l have no way of accuratly wieghing it but it is about 620 grms dry, the colour will let it down as it was shot very early in april although no velvet was present it was not fully coloured it has a frost bitten top tine and weak pearling and a narrow span, having never submitted a head for measuring is it worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 027.jpg   029.jpg   025.jpg  

Have a go at measureing it yourself mate. MonkeySpanker did a link to the CIC red book a couple of weeks ago, if you cant find it send me your email address and I'll send you the formula. JC

Quote Originally Posted by monynut View Post
    I was looking over some of my old heads the other day and came across this one and wondered if it was worth a measure, the pictures are not good, l have no way of accuratly wieghing it but it is about 620 grms dry, the colour will let it down as it was shot very early in april although no velvet was present it was not fully coloured it has a frost bitten top tine and weak pearling and a narrow span, having never submitted a head for measuring is it worth it.
    looks plenty heavy enough , but you will loose points for the lack of colour

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

It should make gold mate. If that is the correct weight mght be low end Gold like mine 130 -135. Looks like the pedicules are a bit enlarged might be a touch of baily about it.