Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My personal best !

My personal best !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2546.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	345.0 KB 
ID:	5613Took this fox last night with a .22 Hornet at 180+ yds with my own made ammo, very pleased !

Nice shooting mate. 180 yards with the hornet is a cracking shot. I had my personal best last week with the 6.5x55 at 200+ yards (not checked with rangefinder yet but paced out at 254)

Well done mate ! Good feeling isn't it ? Rather than a Rangefinder, especially at night i take steps measurements then compare it on Google earth the following day, making sure i got some landmark of somekind first, tree, post, gate etc.

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Well done mate ! Good feeling isn't it ? Rather than a Rangefinder, especially at night i take steps measurements then compare it on Google earth the following day, making sure i got some landmark of somekind first, tree, post, gate etc.
    Yep. Google earth works for me too. The problem with where I shot my last one is that it was out in the middle of a moor with no decent landmarks to measure. Paced it out but I was up a slight hill so obviosly line of site is shorter. Will borrow my mates rangefinder when we are next out there in the day.

One reason why I splashed out on a pair of Geovids, indispensable when foxing at night, no more arguments how far the fox is away. Good shot though.Couple of weeks ago I missed a curled up sleeping fox at 335 yards, bullet went a fraction high as I gave it a little to much. It was asleep in the morning sun and I was unable to get any closer, must say fox woke up quite quick and just trotted off. He wont be so lucky the next time.

Keep up the good work
    D

Well done fella.ye nae be shooting deer that fer off. Home load

Couldn't of done it without the CBC cases ! I'll let you in on the special ingredients ! Thank's.. Looking forward to monday..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    .Couple of weeks ago I missed a curled up sleeping fox at 335 yards, bullet went a fraction high as I gave it a little to much. It was asleep in the morning sun and I was unable to get any closer, must say fox woke up quite quick and just trotted off. He wont be so lucky the next time.

Keep up the good work
    D
    F'ing h*ll,,,I'll not be camping out near you

scotland near the border with england above carlisle
    View my Gallery (2)View my Gallery (2) Deer Dog Available
    christ, my mate shot a rabbit at 714 yards with his 243Ai with a 70 grn, y bunch o pansies

Not much of a stalker then is he !?