Thread: BASC Deer Carcasse Handling Day

BASC Deer Carcasse Handling Day

21st March 2011…………….……………………………………………….immediate release

The British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) will run a deer carcass handling day at Grizedale in Cumbria on 16th April 2011.
    The day will be spent exploring the necessary skills for the post-mortem handling and inspection of shot deer in line with current DSC level two portfolio requirements.
    Delegates will look at gralloching, inspection, extraction, lardering and basic butchery under the supervision of professional deer stalkers and instructors.
    Equipment and light refreshments are included in the cost of £70 per person.
    For more information and to book places, contact Steve Woodhall on 01539564400 or email steven.woodhall@basc.org.uk

ENDS

These days seem to be creeping North but still not actually happening up here .

fraser

Don't they run Best Practice days for free up north of the wall though?

Quote Originally Posted by private Fraser View Post
    These days seem to be creeping North but still not actually happening up here .

Fraser
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Don't they run Best Practise days for free up north of the wall though?
    OH Yes All for nothing .

Fraser there happening in Scotland every year by DCS now SNH best practice days worth there weight in gold ,some of the most knowledgeable deer people in UK talking about the subjects they know well.

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    OH Yes All for nothing .

Fraser there happening in Scotland every year by DCS now SNH best practice days worth there weight in gold ,some of the most knowledgeable deer people in UK talking about the subjects they know well.

WS,

I’ve subscribed to the DCS/SNH Best Practice Guides but wondered if subscribers are notified of any up and coming events by a mailing list or are they normally updated on the Website?

Reason I ask is my BP guide arrived after I left for offshore so not sure what’s accompanied it at present?

Cheers
    Rb

I've signed up for best practice guide etc and it is excellent. I've not been notified of any best practice days though..probably need to keep checking a website ?.

fraser

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    WS,

I’ve subscribed to the DCS/SNH Best Practice Guides but wondered if subscribers are notified of any up and coming events by a mailing list or are they normally updated on the Website?

Reason I ask is my BP guide arrived after I left for offshore so not sure what’s accompanied it at present?

Cheers
    Rb
    Mick Cottam is on the site, he's the man at the helm, for all the best practice days Ive always had the customary joining performer through he door, before the events ,it may be worth giving him a call at the Inverness office, just checking the mailing list ,but always keep your eye on the crap web site, they now have (its about time they got some one to sort it out the content is nothing like it was ) .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Mick Cottam is on the site, he's the man at the helm, for all the best practice days Ive always had the customary joining performer through he door, before the events ,it may be worth giving him a call at the Inverness office, just checking the mailing list ,but always keep your eye on the crap web site, they now have (its about time they got some one to sort it out the content is nothing like it was ) .
    Good man WS,

I'll keep an eye on the website and give the Inverness office a call when I'm back.

Look forward to getting to some Best Practice days when I can.

Thank you
    RB