Thread: privvi

privvi

I have recently bought some 168gr HP BT, from a gun shop for use on deer. I am no expert on ammo and was told yes it is fine for deer.

If you google this type of ammo a few threads are there saying it is a good match ammo, and match ammo does not expand enough...

Are these rounds ok to use ????

Never used Privvi, but I know many on here that do and many are happy to use it on deer.

As for BTHP - I use this for deer in 87g weight class for .243Win, but from Hornady. They put the deer down fast, penetrate and expand well, and leave exit wound of approx. 2" diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Never used Privvi, but I know many on here that do and many are happy to use it on deer.

As for BTHP - I use this for deer in 87g weight class for .243Win, but from Hornady. They put the deer down fast, penetrate and expand well, and leave exit wound of approx. 2" diameter.
    PKL, thanks for the info

If you search this site using PRVI or PPU or PARTIZAN you'll get some useful info.

The Prvi Partizan .308 168gr Match HPBT load isn't okay for deer as the gunshop has said.

You need Prvi Parizan .308 150gr SP (#A020) or their .308 165gr PSPBT (#A362).

I've got the catalogue on the desk here.

The proper ammo is 10/100 cheaper than the stuff they've foisted on you. I recommend you take it back and use another gunshop in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    If you search this site using PRVI or PPU or PARTIZAN you'll get some useful info.

The Prvi Partizan .308 168gr Match HPBT load isn't okay for deer as the gunshop has said.

You need Prvi Parizan .308 150gr SP (#A020) or their .308 165gr PSPBT (#A362).

I've got the catalogue on the desk here.

The proper ammo is 10/100 cheaper than the stuff they've foisted on you. I recommend you take it back and use another gunshop in future.

Will the 168gr HPBT be labelled as match on the box..I am guessing probably not

Quote Originally Posted by simon t View Post
    Will the 168gr HPBT be labelled as match on the box..I am guessing probably not
    I don't know what's on the box, but the Prvi catalogue description of the product is clear enough. It says 308 HP BT Match 168gr (#A363) and that wording is likely to be reproduced on the box.

Anyone in the trade knows that 168grain HPBT .308 is Target ammunition only, no matter what the brand is. You can't get .308 sporting ammo in this weight.

An RFD has to log Sporting (expanding HP or SP) as such in and out of his Firearms/Ammunition Register as it's 'prohibited' under Section 1. He also has to check your FAC Conditions before he can issue you with it.

Not much room for doubt here on the part of the RFD.