Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snh

Strong back required and a first name of Benson

37hrs a week, if you believe that then you zip up the back.

£13,926 PA! Given the previously mentioned wear and tear on knees, back & the rest, I find that salary a wee bit insulting.

Is that all a person with that kind of required skill and experience is worth to SNH???? That's poor show.

You Dumfriesshire men are obviously being paid to much .If I were you I would have a look at the agriculture wage scales, give both of you a idea of what real life is, a head stalker is only on £20000 something a year if he is lucky that's very lucky, the luck may just come if he gets his council tax and fuel bills for free that doesn't happen too often.

Still think this is an insult
    Have e-mailed them asking for a justification of this offer

Taking the piss,, just because your used to it doesn`t mean it is acceptable Widows Son

ATB

Eventualy I hope to retire or at least take up a positistion in a job that interests me after I am finished in the north sea
    But I won`t do it for monkeys wages,, this is an insult for what is a skilled job after all
    ATB
    Last edited by Rake Aboot; 23-03-2011 at 23:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Still think this is an insult
    Have e-mailed them asking for a justification of this offer

Taking the piss,, just because your used to it doesn`t mean it is acceptable Widows Son

ATb

Eventualy I hope to retire or at least take up a positistion in a job that interests me after I am finished in the north sea
    But I won`t do it for monkeys wages,, this is an insult for what is a skilled job after all
    ATB
    Sorry to piss on your camp fire, but these are the wages for this industry they are far from a insult ,if like myself had been brought up with in the industry, you would know the why's and wherefores of the Gamekeeping world, it has never been paid well, most of the people with the industry do it more for the love of just carrying out a job that most would give there eye teeth for.

These are jobs you've got to start at a early stage in life, not after a life working in another industry ,there are still estates in Scotland, that are still only working with ponies, no mechinised transport on the hill due to various things sssi etc. There are very few that could saddle a pony never mind take one to the hill a thing of the past which is a sad truth .

The jobs are fairly well paid ,if you can find something to spend £20,000 on 10 miles up a Glen you'll be doing well, remember most houses are free, as is the vehicle, and your coal and council tax, shotguns and rifles, ammunition now all that said and done, when you calculate all that up is approximate £30,000 plus for, your annual wage, well in line with a job in the city ,it is the hidden benefits, that are in the jobs that count, a lot of the Stalkers, Gamekeepers have a few Cattle and Sheep which produces a further income.

The job in question is well paid for what your doing, it comes up every year at this time ,it will give someone excellent experience and knowledge that would other wise take years to collect ,money isn't every thing ,many may say different , it is more or less putting money in the bank unless you've got a drink problem .

that looks like a belting job for someone.
    shame they cant spell Rhum or Rým!

I spent a long weekend at the castle for a party, nice place

iF I WAS SINGLE I WOULD HAVE CERTAINLY BEEN INTERESTED.

i have applied for the job will let you know how i do

kind regards

f.