Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much are pheasant and partridge poults gonna be this yr

how much are pheasant and partridge poults gonna be this yr

i know its not stalking but im guessing there are loads of keepers on here who may know the answer ,

I was quoted £3.45 per pheasant poult this morning. Don't know what the feed prices will be!

we were discussing this the other night, I think lots of shoots will fold as the feed price is going to be so high.

Poult Price

Hi,Ordered at £3.40 from our usual supplier as for the price of wheat that's going to be anybodys guess at the moment .

£3.50 a poult seems to be the ball park at the moment. The agric lecturer I work with is convinced wheat is going to come down in the near future for various reasons, but whether it'll come soon enough...

The merchants will drop wheat prices just before harvest , pellets are up £40 a tonne on last year

Hi 65x55,No price increase this year,thats what ive been told,£3.50 for pheasant poults,not sure about feed yet,but shop around there are plenty of bargains about.
    Atb John.

i always tell the boss if he has to ask he cant afford em lol not heard yet but i expect an increase as with everything i am not rearing from day olds this season all poults so we will have to see ! i have used the same supply for ten yrs and he has always looked after me with a great back up service thats gotta be worth a few quid

Were around the £3.50 mark. I heard the pellets price up £80 to jist around the 400ish depending on how good ur deal is.
    I don't think it will be enough to see well run shoots fold thou, an extra £50 a tonne on wheat is only an extra 50p a to feed a bird. Althou all the 50p's do add up. Along way till end of harvest time yet all lot can go well/wrong, often after a high arable price every tom dick and harry plants it and price comes down to normal again.
    Not a lot u can do about it thou

I've been quoted £3.80 a poult from my regular supplier which is starting to get a bit steep as its up 30p a poult which is quite a large jump, and is a heafty increase given the numbers put down, growers pellets have been quoted as between £40-£80/ton more than last year but given a good harvest in the USA, Russia and Australia we should see wheat prices fall back to normality.