How to become a level 2 witness.

maxwell

I have the paperwork to send off, the problem I can fore see is that the references preferably have to be AW's, I don't know many and they may see me as competition (I'm not doing it to charge by the way).

Does anybody have any suggestions as to the best way to go about applying or alternatives to Aw's as referees??

It is the credibility of your witnesses. Let's face it it is like any other job application. You have to prove your worth through practical and references. Your references have to be the standard you want join. Follow the advice, Ask Mandy what would be axceptable, or get to know some AW's:D

I have the paperwork to send off, the problem I can fore see is that the references preferably have to be AW's, I don't know many and they may see me as competition (I'm not doing it to charge by the way).

Does anybody have any suggestions as to the best way to go about applying or alternatives to Aw's as referees??

Hi Maxwell,

I spoke to Mary Fishburne the other day about the same subject and, as Jimbo suggests, treat it like a job application. The more relevant information you can supply, then the more 'weight' your application will carry. My understanding is that the references do not have to be existing AW's, but the more credible and trustworthy your references are, then the more likely they are to be taken seriously. Whilst undoubtedly some AW's would prefer that no more AW's are taken on, there are many more that would be only too pleased to help - it wouldn't be difficult to find out the names of the 'good guys', especially through this forum!

The references can be anybody relevant I suppose, including landowners whom you have done deer management/stalking for, clients you have taken out stalking, game dealers you have supplied deer carcasses to - along with cull reports for those animals, to name a few.

Hope that helps mate, and good luck with your application.

Regards,

Mike
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Home Page - Jelen Deer Services

Back