Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer contraceptive pill in wales

Is it a 100 grain lead pill????

scotland near the border with england above carlisle
    View my Gallery (2)View my Gallery (2) Deer Dog Available
    sound like some guys in wales need to pull their finger out

FFS! if they were that concerned about the high deer numbers they would let some of us control the numbers.
    and there would be less poaching as a result! IMO

Load of tosh, in the book The Deer Managers Companion Dr Langbein is not very impressed with the possibilities because they can't guarantee enough deer will be dosed and have no way of stopping non target animals eating the bait. Anyway as siks seeker said if they let some of the stalking there wouldn't be a problem, None of the forestry around Neath Port Talbot is available, its all done by the rangers and I was told by one of the rangers, that if they find deer in any areas where they havent been seen before, they exterminate everything there, and what about the land bordering the forestry, maybe the owners don't want their deer on the pill, could possibly lead to compensation claims for loss of income due to low numbers caused by the pill

Ade

Well Welsh stalkers there's the opportunity you've all been looking for ,there's you contact points and the areas that require addressing, if you get pen to paper to the relevant people, there could just be openings for the right individuals or groups.

Deer management groups could be the way forward, in this situation, groups can open the correct doors that individuals cannot .

I did try before and was told "private Stalkers, you trying to put the rangers out of a job". Stupid thing is I've stalked the woodland trust land that adjoins the forestry in Neath Port talbot.

All's not lost, deer are spreeding and I may have an opening locally soon, but I'd better not count my chickens yet

That report has got to be the biggest load of tripe ever! There are hundreds of stalkers in Wales and most end up travelling all over England and Scotland in order to get some sport. It's easier to get into the mafia than to get into some stalking in Wales. The forestry commision won't even take out client stalkers in Wales as it's not their policy to do so, yet sometimes their rangers work out of the same office as their English counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Well Welsh stalkers there's the opportunity you've all been looking for ,there's you contact points and the areas that require addressing, if you get pen to paper to the relevant people, there could just be openings for the right individuals or groups.

Deer management groups could be the way forward, in this situation, groups can open the correct doors that individuals cannot .
    WS, your right!
    time to make a few enquireies i think!

well in for a penny and all that, just sent a e-mail to a pall of mine thats worked for the forestry commission for about 100 years to make some enquireies about whom to speak too.

if i dont here from him in a few days i'll be knocking his door.
    fingers crossed hey?!