Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PNEUDART/DAVEJELEN Forest of Dean Red Stag.

PNEUDART/DAVEJELEN Forest of Dean Red Stag.

Hi, Mike/Dave - here is some pictures of the Red stag I got with you in the Forest of Dean now finished up. I had a great time with you Mike and looking forward to the Autumn when I come back down again. Bill.

Cracking mount Bill ! he looks almost as good dead than when he was alive. Hopefully we'll have some more
    to cull in the autumn keep up the fantastic work.
    Dave (jelen deer services )

I didnt know there is red deer in the forest ?

Brilliant job Bill, well done mate.

Look forward to seeing you later this year.

Regards,

Mike.

Now that is a wonderful mount.................... christ knows where it would fit here.. I doubt we could fit in in the Bungalow..

Congratulations.

I've been waiting for someone else to ask the obvious question but they haven't, so where did that red deer actually come from?

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I've been waiting for someone else to ask the obvious question but they haven't, so where did that red deer actually come from?
    I've been thinking the same, as far as I know there are no wild red deer in the Forest of Dean. There are a few in South Wales and parts of Gloucestershire but some way away from the FoD. Any that had appeared before were attributed to escapees from Eastnor Park and I think that we must be talking about a park deer here.
    Last edited by paul k; 27-03-2011 at 14:34.

Lydney park came immediately to mind, but there have been a few escapes from various farms of some exotic animals in the past, and I just wondered if red deer could also have escaped at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Lydney park came immediately to mind, but there have been a few escapes from various farms of some exotic animals in the past, and I just wondered if red deer could also have escaped at some time.
    I wasn't aware of reds in Lydney Park, I thought the deer there were all fallow but I've not been there for a while.