.243 Sierra Gameking 85 gr. HP Boat tail

Nick Fahey

Anyone had any experience with these rifle bullets?
I have been given some of the above to try. Rather than buy any specific powder, I am hoping to use either Viht N140 or H4895, Nosler Brass, with CCI 200 primers.
Would appreciate any advice given. PM or email me if you prefer not to post your hand loads.
ATB
Nick

Best all-round 6mm bullet I have used in my .243AI

Very accurate and damage to deer is not excessive. I used H4350 in mine.

Nick,

If these don't feel right for you, try 87g Hornady BTHP. I tried the 85g gamekings in my Sako .243, and it did NOT like them,,,a switch to the Hornady's and I was seeing cloverleaf groups with the right loads. No clue why the gamekings didn't work, just didn't...so if they're not behaving, spend a few quid on the hornady's and you may be pleasantly surprised.............of course, it could be you will have SWEEEEEEEEEEET AS groups with the scierras!

Hi Nick,I use the 90gr sako"s through my sako finnlight,I have no problems at all with them,Dont think i would ever change them.
Atb John

anyone had any experience with these rifle bullets?
I have been given some of the above to try. Rather than buy any specific powder, i am hoping to use either viht n140 or h4895, nosler brass, with cci 200 primers.
Would appreciate any advice given. Pm or email me if you prefer not to post your hand loads.
Atb
nick
i use rem primers 38g h4895 good group at 100 and flat out to 200

Thanks guys. will give the h4895 a go as that is what is in the powder dispenser already, see how it goes and then change if necessary
ATB
Nick

Back