Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The advice to photocopy certificates before surrendering for renewal.

The advice to photocopy certificates before surrendering for renewal.

Should also say that the photocopies should be secured away from the home address as they are no good to you once the Police seize them. I made copies of both my FAC and SC and both have been taken.

Be aware of this.

In future I shall arrange secure storage of all copies and receipts elsewhere. Hassle sure but no so bad as having them taken.

Fair point, but are copies any good for anything?

BASC advice was to give police a photocopy and keep original certificate until it expires- by then you will have a new one

If FLO wants to checks it that's fine but certificates are valid until they expire or are revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Should also say that the photocopies should be secured away from the home address as they are no good to you once the Police seize them. I made copies of both my FAC and SC and both have been taken.

Be aware of this.

In future I shall arrange secure storage of all copies and receipts elsewhere. Hassle sure but no so bad as having them taken.
    Sorry why would police take them and why would you have a worthless document ?

I have no idea why the Police took them but they did and they are worthless if you cannot refer to them. I now have no proof of the conditions on my certificate so it's going to make it more difficult for the solicitor is it not?

If you were stupid enough to put all your eggs in one basket who's fault is it your right it is yours .

I've heard of the exact same problem with a certificate holders son who was coming out of jail to lived at the property, he was told for him the keep his weapons, his son could NOT have ACCESS to the property, at all ,he surrendered his weapons to storage until his son move out, into his own accommodation, and the locks to the property were changed .

He got notice from the licensing department well in advance ,in your case it is not your son so he should not have access to your property at all .

The other thing you mention, they seized other property IE knifes it should only be weapons on your issued certificates, you have knifes in the kitchen did they seize them NO, you should have supervised the up lift of the items on the warrant , you give them access to your property ,warrant or not .

If when you give them free access you then try to interfere with the warrant you will end up arrested ,try getting your weapons back there after .

The police are obliged to provide you with a detailed inventory of anything they have seized, or you can sue them for theft, believe it or not. I actually thought they had an obligation to provide you with such on the spot prior to leaving with any seized goods. Also, not showing you ID, badges, etc. etc. is against the code, you have a clear legal route to get back big-time IMHO.
    Or what?

If you were stupid enough to put all your eggs in one basket who's fault is it your right it is yours .
    I hope you're kidding.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gitano View Post
    Or what?

I hope you're kidding.

Paul

No I'm not ,firstly I'd never have been in the situation ,someone has said something to some one IE his Nephew that he would be staying or going to that address, on the CPS checking the address due to his bail conditions they see the address is of a firearm certificate holder, which is a big NO, NO.

Paul this isn't the USA where you have a constitution,which allows you to bare arms it is the UK,it is a privilege as a firearms certificate holder you've got to be cleaner than the driven snow on the grant of a certificate if you live in a bad area you won't be granted a fac if your name or address appears on the police computer, it's not looking good which also goes for family,and the friends you keep .

I've known a few people to have there weapons removed which is usually done around 0200 hrs when your in your bed and disorientated .
    I know of one guy that had his weapons removed because he was going through a divorce ,she was the one that left him with another woman ,there was never any argument she got everything because he gave her everything he had moved 500 miles back to were he grew up .

The police new all that and still seized the weapons ,because on the move he told both constabularies he was moving back home, they asked him why ,then asked his wife that where the problems started they were still friends but the police couldn't" see" the sense in it, it took lawyers and cash to sort the problem.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Constitution or not, I'm having a difficult time blaming BH for something he knew nothing about - "someone" saying "someone else" might be at his house, and what amounts to a raid without a warrant and no receipt for his property. To say nothing of the what may have been stolen.

Blaming BH for that seems a little "harsh" to say the least.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post

I've heard of the exact same problem with a certificate holders son who was coming out of jail to lived at the property, he was told for him the keep his weapons, his son could NOT have ACCESS to the property, at all ,he surrendered his weapons to storage until his son move out, into his own accommodation, and the locks to the property were changed .

He got notice from the licensing department well in advance ,in your case it is not your son so he should not have access to your property at all .

The other thing you mention, they seized other property IE knifes it should only be weapons on your issued certificates, you have knifes in the kitchen did they seize them NO, you should have supervised the up lift of the items on the warrant , you give them access to your property ,warrant or not .

If when you give them free access you then try to interfere with the warrant you will end up arrested ,try getting your weapons back there after .
    As per usual WS you spout off. The problem was that i regard having a thug in uniform pressing me back against a steel rail, the bit of paper he gave me i had to hold o me left as there was no room to hold in in front because of this armed thug in uniform. As soon as I moved my right arm for aythign the uniformed thug to my right grabbed it. now is that the polite way to address a member of the public on their own property?

I could and was not allowed to supervise the "lifting" as you call it neither was my mother. When she ried to do so she was threatened with arrest for obstruction.

The police as I said have seized a collectors bayonet, a re-curve bow in it's case and all the air weapons from here including my fathers 1932 Haenal Model 15 tin plate and my BSA Meteor .177 and my Feinwerbau 127 Sport .22. The did not take any knives that i am aware of although at the moment I cannot lay my hands on my Bear Hunter locking folder so I the morning I will look for it and see if it has been taken.

And what exactly do me mean eggs all in one basket?

Are you suggesting I store of hide my firearms at different locations? My firearms were stored in an approved manner and only passed the FEO inspection for the renewal last Thursday week. He recommended it be done with the few alterations of use as I am swapping some rifles around to shoot. Then this.

Oh they arrested me, they assaulted me which was the intention from the word go it seems hence their unacceptable manner and aggression. As for a detailed inventory and receipt...................... dream on Lincolnshire Police say they do not have to give receipts. The first thing Monday morning the solicitor will have to get onto them demanding the return of my paperwork like my file of firearms receipts and my certificates, exam and birth which they took along with the books, shooting magazines and arrange for an RFD to collect the guns for proper storage where they can be inspected for any damage.

Your living in a dream world and it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.............................. velcome to the State komrade. The Police state.