Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaser Rifles

Blaser Rifles

I heard an interesting stat this week. What rifle do you think is the biggest selling sporting rifle throughout Europe?

The title of the post gives it away! It's the Blaser R93. I don't have one and nor do any of my friends, but I'd be interested in hearing any feedback from anyone who has. I'm about to get a .243, and was going to get a Sako (everyone is know has a Sako or Tikka) but I would consider looking at the Blaser.

Blaser Rifles

Hi Stuart,

Since you are in the market for a 0.243" rifle have you considered a Sauer Outback. I bought one about a year ago and can't rate it highly enough.

Only possible problem could be the fitting of a moderator as it has a fluted barrel.

Willie

Hi, No problem with a mod, I got rid of my blazers for sako's, one of which has a fluted barrel and is modded.

Hi Parastalker,

Interested to hear that you can put a moderator on a fluted barrel, I thought it had to be sealed at the base of the barrel to work properly. What type of moderator is it?

I have only been out stalking once with someone who had a moderator fitted to his rifle. He dropped 2 Roe deer one after the other - the second didn't even move after the first shot. There was a third deer which still stood after the second went down but he elected to to take it as one deer each was enough to carry back to the 4x4. Since then I have been sold on moderators but thought I would have to purchase a new rifle - not an option for me as it took me long enough and a lot of chores to convince the wife I needed this one.

I would be interested to hear from any members experience with various types of moderators fitted to fluted barrel rifles .

Anyother problem I have just thought of - would be the fixed front foresight be an issue?

Willie

PS I own a Sauer Outback 0.243" rifle

I've got a PES T12 moderator fitted to my Tikka T3 .243.

If you have a look at one and take it apart then you'll see why having a fluted barrel isn't important.

Basicaly when you take the moderator appart for cleaning its appart by unscrewing the tube which runs through the middle of the moderator you'll see that you rifle screws into the top of this tube and the barrel is enclosed within it. Really impressed with the PES It's also pulled my group in with 100grn ammo to sub .5 inch at 100m.

Also all you get is is a loudish hiss when it's shot as well so am really impressed with it.

Your going to have to loose your font sight to get a monderator on.

Blaser R93

Hi Stuart
    I love Blaser's, i've always had Sako's in the past and you can't go wrong with them but i've now got Blaser's in .223, .243, 6.5x55, .308 and 300wsm there not everyones cup of tea but they are one of the most accurate and very hard wearing rifles i've ever used. The main reason i changed was i had a different rifles with different triggers and swapping to the blaser system i can swap barrels,scopes and stocks but it always feels like the my favorite rifle. The only downside is that they have changed importer and the price has gone up a lot.

Hope this is some use. Wayne

Bradley
    Blazers are a nightmare. Zero wanders all over the show between barrels.

You,d expect the damn things to alter on the vertical between different bullet weights not , spread themselves all around the clock.

Sauer Outbacks suffer from rubbish mount fixings, as they are pinned with soft pins that eventually snap allowing the scope base to shift. The remedial repair requires for the mounts to be re drilled and re pinned an epoxied into place.

Wayne,Known you long time, took you a while but least you now got a proper rifle (Heym) Was so good to see you buy the Heym and not another plastic pig

r

Nothing wrong with a Blaser, my R93 is a superb rifle with many advantages over your conventional bolt action, including take scope mounts off then replace, scope and rifle still hold zero. Take rifle down into scope and mounts, remove barrel from receiver and reassemble; Rifle still holds zero, in my mind absolute genuis and excellent for transportation.

Bradley

Re: r

Quote Originally Posted by Blaser3006
    Nothing wrong with a Blaser, my R93 is a superb rifle with many advantages over your conventional bolt action, including take scope mounts off then replace, scope and rifle still hold zero. Take rifle down into scope and mounts, remove barrel from receiver and reassemble; Rifle still holds zero, in my mind absolute genuis and excellent for transportation.
    Yeah but have you tried switching barrels and then seen where your zero is. I bet you'd be lucky if it was on the same sheet of A3 target paper.