Blaser Rifles

Gerry “The Caped Blaser Crusader” ;)

The innocent Blaser rifle is under attack again by the heathen masses of bolt action rifle users, follow this link:- http://deer-stalking.com/ so you can swing in to rescue it from the evil bolt actioners, :lol: :lol: :lol: and it’s now’t to do with me this time. ;)

B-B

r

Hey Thar,

I've swapped me cape for a bottle of red tonight, so I'm struggling a bit with motivation.

Anyhow I like turnbolt trash aswell ;) . Got a .243 schultz and larsen an brno 22 lr.

With the lack of motivation at the moment I would have to register to follow the link and I ain't a member. Maybe tomorrow with a viscious hangover I'll find my cape again :mad:

Doubtful though :lol:

By the way very pc BB

Re: r

Blaser3006 said:
Hey Thar,
I've swapped me cape for a bottle of red tonight, so I'm struggling a bit with motivation.

4th Pint of Stella for me, time to pack up me thinks :eek: ..................the computer not the Stella that is. :D

Thar

(Formally known as Bambi Basher)

Seems like an interesting thread so here we go.

I owned a Blaser many moons ago, now it is a good concept but not without its issues. On mine the chamber was not long enough to enable me to load to the lands.
This ended up with me having to load smaller less SD bullets to get the accuracy, which was unacceptable.

Yes it is a quick rifle to use but its also noisy as hell as the you slide it back and forth clack clack. And the magazine set up, come on what the hell is that all about. I really could get decent bullets to fit into it.

It isnt as strong as is claimed either, as ive seen several with bits missing from the bolt, now that would worry me. However, this is the truth, I actually drove over mine in the car in its slip and it was ok as a result. Mind you you should of seen my face! :lol:

It does have a good safety and the trigger is crisp. I sold mine and bought 2 turn bolt Sako Finnlights and im glad I did, these are far better than the Blaser R93 any day. Out of the box accuracy you cant beat.

In short it over complicated, overated (IMO) and I just cant see what all the fuss is about. By a turn bolt and save yourself the grief. :p

Cal

caleiderscope said:
In short it over complicated, overated (IMO) and I just cant see what all the fuss is about. By a turn bolt and save yourself the grief.

Jim

Welcome to the ever growing club of dissatisfied ex Blaser owners. :mad:

Sorry Blaser I dont mean to commit herecy but its all fact im afraid. Mr Blaser lifted his skirt and you dived in like me. :evil:

Good idea, but then again what happened to the Mauser straight pull???

Cal

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I bought my rifle otherwise I would have missed out on a cracking bit of kit. I bought a Blaser R93 in .243 with the "Professional" synthetic stock. It has been a joy to use, no bother whatever. I also own a Ruger, have owned a Remmy, have shot loads of stuff up to expensive blueprinted rifles and the Blaser is easily as good as the rest of the mass produced bits of kit. Let's face it there are very few truly bad rifles out there and only the custom jobs really show up as different. Each to their own, and owning something new fangled doesn't make us weird, our personal habits do that. ;)

we have one for shooting in norway (and other places :p ) in 6.5x55 and it rocks some wolly socks i choose it over the styr every day its compact. although i dont change the barels its never wonderd off zero any its been through a pretty rought treatment with dad i use a niggloth rucknsling and its just perfect with trhat ziess scope

I have a Blaser 338 with schmidt and bender scope for several years now and it is the best shooting gun I have ever had.. It is lightweight for stalking and extremely accurate. my next purchase will be a barrel for this gun in a little lighter caliber for white tail hunting here in Texas

They still make it I believe. M96 :p

The Mauser M96 Slide Bolt was put to sleep due to the buy out of Mauser. I seem to recall that the same firm who own Blaser now own the Mauser name and they moved Mauser to the same heathen place as Blaser away from the hallowed Obendorf An Neckar it's birth place and real home. I can see why as it would have taken customers away from their baby the Blaser.

I got the leaflet and brouchure for the M03 Mauser looked at it and immediately lost interest............................... it's a Mauser in name only................... pure badge engineering and way over priced. It killed any interest in teh newer "Mauser" I might have had :cry:.

Back