Thread: .270 win bullets

.270 win bullets

Evening all,

I'm using 130gr Nosler accubonds at the moment at 40/50 bought a while ago. But I have had similar performance using Speers at 20/100.

The top and bottom of it is that I'm going to look for a more affordable bullet to reload with.

Is there anyone who can provide a review or comment upon any of the other 130gr bullets available to the home loader?

Many thanks in advance.

DC

My standard 'go to' load for my .270 uses bog basic Hornady Interlock soft point 130gn bullets over 60gns of H4831 and a CCI 250 magnum primer - I've shot everything from Muntjac to Wildebeest with this, getting excellent penetration & expansion.

Adam.

Although not 270, my friends and I have found that the Nosler Balistic Tips shoot the the same POA as the Accubonds. So we practice with BTs and hunt with ABs. Although, I must say that BTs have been 'tweeked' over the years and are considerably tougher than the first ones. I would definately give them a try. capt david

I've actually just moved onto accubonds due to my rifle being a bit fussy but I have had good result's with hornady 130gr interlock sp which are a bit cheaper, and slightly better accuracy with sierra gameking spbt. I have tried the speer 130 grain hot core sp and spbt bullet's but my rifle didn't like them (which isn't to say your's won't) I can't say why but they do mic up about 1 thou larger than the nosler's. I have also tried the nosler 130 and 150 ballistic tip bullet's which worked well however I wanted a stonger bullet to try and minimise meat loss when I have to take chest shot's.

All the best

Snag

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    My standard 'go to' load for my .270 uses bog basic Hornady Interlock soft point 130gn bullets over 60gns of H4831 and a CCI 250 magnum primer - I've shot everything from Muntjac to Wildebeest with this, getting excellent penetration & expansion.

Adam.
    Excellent bullet that I use too. I also use the similar 130gr Interlock SP in.308.

I used a 270win for over ten years when I owned no other rifle. I evolved to use the 140gr Hornady Interlock, good penetration, opens up nicely without doing too much carcass damage, didn't push them to hard either, maybe 2850 FPS. Never had anything that even vaguely resembled "bullet faliure".

Give them a go.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

i like the interlocks in 130 also seirra gameking boat tails get a big thumbs up as well same load as adams for both i have just got a load of 140 interlocks to try also as they where cheap so will let you know how i get on,atb wayne

For what its worth, my .270 prefers heavier bullets and I have had good luck with 140 ballistic tips and 150gr Partitions

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    i like the interlocks in 130 also seirra gameking boat tails get a big thumbs up as well same load as adams for both i have just got a load of 140 interlocks to try also as they where cheap so will let you know how i get on,atb wayne
    big plus 1 on the 130gn game kings !

they mushroom a treat with very little damage , this is a the bullet i dug out of a red stag i shot last night driven at 2800fps with 53gn N160

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by leec6.5; 29-03-2011 at 11:22.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.