Savage Edge - anyone with any first hand knowledge...

TokaS

Hi,

i am looking into my first rifle and am on a tight budget. has anyone any experience with this rifle, seems to get a lot of good reviews over in the states from what i can see on the net but has anyone actually shot one? i will need an ambi stock which this looks to have. it iwll be a first rifle and in 243 flavour.

thanks...on with the search...

atb

Savage changed their importer at the end of last year - I really struggled to get the 17 I wanted. The new stock date seems to go back and back - still nothing obvious in country. If you're after an ambi stock, are you shooting off left shoulder? There are some nice left hand 243's around at the moment - a Remy, a Ruger and a couple of T3's all around the same money - and what I imagine the Edge will come in at....

found a couple doing the EDGE from £345-375. think they had one at McAvoys too when i tried out a few. yes it will be left shoulder but not bothered about right action as used to that...

atb

hi, no i managed to get a s/h a-bolt medallion. quality is better than savage edge from what i have been told...

atb

Back