Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still shaking :D

still shaking :D

I have decided I am a wuss! just got through loading my first 10 rounds of ammo, I wish I had read CSL's excellent sticky more closely and got boat tailed instead of flat bottomed bullets. every time the bullet popped into the neck I had a mini panic attack anyways, being the nervous sort I would like to run the load past you folks just in case anyone notices a balls up on my part
    .308 150 Sierra pro hunter
    PPU brass
    44.8gns of IMR 4320
    Federal large rifle primer
    COL 2.780in
    the IMR site gives a start load of 44.1gns and a max load of 49gns I arrived at 44.8 as the nearest to 10% reduction on max easily obtained using the Lee dipper 1.6 x2 then checked on a scale. ken
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Welcome to the world of reloading.
    I've just loaded some 150gr Hornady soft points today.
    It gets easier, just remember to BLOCK OUT ALL DISTRACTIONS!!!
    A little tip is to write the load and powder you are using down and stick it to your powder measure - REMOVE ALL OTHER POWDERS from your bench.
    Sorry for shouting.
    Any problems, send me a pm and I'll try to help.

Sierra Pro hunter bloody good bullet choice.Good luck
    Tusker

When working up a load, I start at the lower load and work up, not 10% below the max.

other than that it sounds ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    When working up a load, I start at the lower load and work up, not 10% below the max.

other than that it sounds ok.
    actually the lower load is 10% of max in this case but I take your point thanks to all who replied, now I just need to con Handsomebob or Pierre into pulling the trigger while I hide in the shelter
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

You didn't seem the nervous sort on Sunday. I'll admit I wore glasses, being my first loads.

If you have a reloading manual, and followed the instructions, you should be Ok, right? If you learned to reload by consensus on the Internet, you might have a nagging doubt to cling to. In any event, YOU loaded them. Grow a pair and go pull the trigger.

You should always wear safety glasses when shooting.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by John_R View Post
    You didn't seem the nervous sort on Sunday. I'll admit I wore glasses, being my first loads.
    I wasn't firing my own on Sunday John

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    If you have a reloading manual, and followed the instructions, you should be Ok, right? If you learned to reload by consensus on the Internet, you might have a nagging doubt to cling to. In any event, YOU loaded them. Grow a pair and go pull the trigger.

Normative statement and good practice, but how many actually stalk with safety glasses on,,,not me..

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post

got a pair want to keep it that way

j/k all checked and double checked, safety glasses packed and waiting