Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWA Rifle ant thoughts ?

HOWA Rifle ant thoughts ?

Thinking of new rifle any thoughts on the Howa range in .270win,have heard good value for money,any one had experiance of them.

Thanks all.

I'm very happy with mine, stainless and synthetic 1500 in .308, comfortable to shoot and pretty light weight, I haven't been able to find any bad reviews online either.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

GOT A 1500 varmint in a macmillian stock .243, sub MOA for 580 quid, brilliant

got the stainless/synthetic varmint in 223. sub inch groups all day long. cant fault them

I got the thumbhole stocked heavy barrel in .223 and as everyone else has said they're a good peice of kit.

Got the thumbhole pepperwood in heavy barreled .243. Liking it a lot
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

223 HB Stainless Bell & Carlson Medalist, same in 308 both tack drivers

FlyBoy270

The Hogue Overmolded rubber stock will compensate for the action stretching.

(It's an old joke here. Someone suggested that Howa's "stretch" with use. Nonsense of course! I have a couple of them!) ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The Hogue Overmolded rubber stock will compensate for the action stretching.

(It's an old joke here. Someone suggested that Howa's "stretch" with use. Nonsense of course! I have a couple of them!) ~Muir
    Muir, I was waiting to see who cracked first

Seriously though, they are really solid actions and are the basis for many custom and semi-custom rifles. Good kit that is well priced.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Howa actions are great, and it's a really solid rifle action to customize with a good barrel and stock later on.