20 lbs Fox

just

Hi there, just had a big dog fox last night in lovely condition approaching 20 lbs ! Any one beaten that !? :eek:

Below is a pic of the first and largest Fox I have ever shot, never got him on the scales but the guy I was out shooting with had been foxing 20+ years and said it was the largest one he had seen. The photo doesn't do him justice. The fore legs were thicker than I have ever seen on a fox.

CA8DWX83.jpg

Dave

shot this one a while back biggest I've shot,came in at over 28 lbs,to put the size in perspective the rifle is 50'' long
DSCN1149.JPG

Last edited:
Biggest I have shot is 23lb. Recently in ST there were pictures of a 30lb fox, now that is big. I would say a 20lb dog fox is on the big side but not uncommon. There does however seem to be some regional varriation in size/weight.

D

I shot a rabbit last night and charlie promptly ran up and trotted off with it! big rascal too, I'll be visiting him tonight to recover the rabbit :)

Massive fox

Again I didn't weigh it. But this is the fax that my mate shot whenj he came over for a trip from the Netherlands.

Was a heavy bugger to carry, normally can carry an adult fox with one arm, this needed 2!!!

Ruud.jpg

I am yet to shoot or see any bigger on any of my ground!!!

Cheers

Ross

So thats why my faxes get stuck in the machine, i keep putting paper in not charlie :lol:

I shoot approx 200 foxes a year, the dog I shot was 22lbs ! I weigh all my foxes and the average is 15lb for dogs 13lb for vixens

Very interesting ! Glad i'm not shooting on adjoining land to you with the sort of results you'r having !! :eek:

Back