Thread: Carrying a roe sack

Carrying a roe sack

I have a Harkila Roe Sack which is a very useful bit of kit.

The only problem I found with it was that when carrying it and a shot presented, the strap always got in the way of the rifle when rifle was mounted to shoulder. A couple of times, I couldn't take the shot because of this.

I now carry the sack upside down so the strap doesn't interfere anymore. A simple solution I know. Just for anyone's benefit in case they have same problem.

Get a bungy strap and it pulls the shoulder straps in.It works when the sack is empty,could not comment with one in the bag and on target No 2.Never been that lucky in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    I have a Harkila Roe Sack which is a very useful bit of kit.

The only problem I found with it was that when carrying it and a shot presented, the strap always got in the way of the rifle when rifle was mounted to shoulder. A couple of times, I couldn't take the shot because of this.

I now carry the sack upside down so the strap doesn't interfere anymore. A simple solution I know. Just for anyone's benefit in case they have same problem.
    Now that is clever, and yet so obvious!
    The lower strap isn't padded but with nothing in won't matter.
    The padded strap does cause me grief when carrying a rifle.
    Many thanks - why didn't I think of that?
    MS

Account Suspended
    On my Sika sack I have a chest belt that I can adjust to stop that from happenning and it also makes it easier if i have two roe deer in the sack the weights carried across my chest as well as my shoulders but basically it prevents the harness from fouling the mounting of the rifle.

You don't have any issues with blue ikea bag - fold it up and put it in your pachers pocket until needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    You don't have any issues with blue ikea bag - fold it up and put it in your pachers pocket until needed!
    Those Ikea bags are also a great liner to use in a roe sack to carry foxes if you don't want your liner to get messed up for carrying deer.

Will have to try the carrying it upside down trick, or try a chest strap.

Cheers for the tip.

Ross

Harkila sacks already come with a chest strap, but the broader men amongst us will find they still can't pull the shoulder straps in far enough.

Tried the 'upside-down' trick tonight and it works a treat!
    However, it stayed upside down as the last couple of Does I was after didn't show so the Roe sack remained empty!
    Ah well, they'll keep til next year.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    Harkila sacks already come with a chest strap, but the broader men amongst us will find they still can't pull the shoulder straps in far enough.
    You can buy a strap and shorten it, (hiking shops sell them) allows you to pull straps in tighter

I got two in one morning, but flippineck the walk back to the van took on Robert deBiro's epic struggle in The Missionary. Or was that Michael Palin?