Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Rifle Mounted Lamp

Best Rifle Mounted Lamp

Been looking for a new rifle mounted lamp and would like some opinions on the Deben Tri Star Pro versus the Clulite Masterlite Supreme.
    The advertised ranges do not seem to differ very much given that the Deben has 1,600 lumens and the Clulite has only 250 lumens.
    Would also be interested in any other similar alternatives.

Ive had 2 Clulites and currently using the Cluson shootalite. Never ahd an issue with quality. Im not too sure about the LED lights though ive not tried them. Do like the idea of a nice tight beem, very light too. Let me know what you decide on and how you get on.

SD Regular
    I think lamp choice will depend entirely on what you want to use it for (aside from the spend side of things). Will you want to filter it for example - and how much is weight an issue.....
    I use and have put some other SD members onto an CREE LED torch with the performance of the likes of the Masterlite, Fenix, Tiablo etc. for a fraction of the price (as in total set up less than 80). Small, light, punchy, tight beam to c.200yds. All feedback has been good and we continue to tinker to get the best out of them. I'm just looking at a new LED to market to see how that performs. I do also use a Lightforce Striker mounted - just depends on what you're doing (I wouldn't want to do a walkaround with the Striker). Just a further note - if you want to filter to IR for NV, LED is not a good option as they tend not to produce much of that wavelength light (v. a halogen lamp or designator).

PM me if you want the details.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I've used a lightforce striker140, now got a lightforce striker170, on my foxing rifle, (great light) i walk around with it hand held then snap on rifle when come across charlie. I use a cluson lazerlight on my .22 for rabbits.

I'll second Mauser's post on the Striker 170, best set up Ive ever had.

Tiablo is the way two go

Quote Originally Posted by monte View Post
    Tiablo is the way two go
    What sort of range are you getting with the Tiablo, what are they like woth filters on/do you need a filter? Im really thinking about getting one.

Striker 170 with a orange filter gives me good results

Quote Originally Posted by stevienicknacks View Post
    What sort of range are you getting with the Tiablo, what are they like woth filters on/do you need a filter? Im really thinking about getting one.
    i would say id about 300yd i have shot fox out to 240yd with amber filter

led lamps

Hi, what model of Tiablo are you using and what scope mount do you reccommend ?