which mod would you put on it ?

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys

Ive just bought a new rifle (first ever new rifle:D) a browning x bolt 308 stainless stalker with a fluted 20" inch barrel.

which moderater would you put on the end of it as i want to keep it fairly light if i can.

I do like the idea of no mod but just thinking of recoil.

ATB

Dave

A .308 is a reasonably tame calibre, if your home loading it could be tamed further if you needed to, other than that, try various factory ammunition, you may be surprised at the recoil or lack of it.

I have a Wildcat for sale if interested, if your after a muzzle can I can reccommend an ATEC CMM, lighter than a Wildcat, but sticks out more.

TJ

Another one for the A TEC CMM 4 justed fitted one to my X-BOLT in .270 grate peace of kit.

Forgot to say that you can use it for lamping as well with a scope mounted light, dose not reflect the light the same as the T8.

John

Last edited:
tj

i been thinking the same about the ATEC CMM i think its the forward, how much length does it add to your rifle and is it any good sound reduction/ recoil wise mate ???

Is your X-bolt pre-threaded, as if not, I would go with TJ suggestion of trying it without a moderator - if noise reduction is not an issue on the ground you shoot over.

I have a Remington 7 with a 19" barrel and I use a T8 Reflex which does not add much to the overall length but they are heavy though!

Is your X-bolt pre-threaded, as if not, I would go with TJ suggestion of trying it without a moderator - if noise reduction is not an issue on the ground you shoot over.

I have a Remington 7 with a 19" barrel and I use a T8 Reflex which does not add much to the overall length but they are heavy though!

the x bolt has come factory threaded ewich, but i cant afford a cmm4 aswell as gun at this present time, so iam going to use it without mod for a while and see how i get on with it.

noise is no issue was just thinking of recoil:eek: as ive never shot a 308 before, should be fine though , i do like the idea of no mod on the end:eek:

ATB
Dave

tj

i been thinking the same about the ATEC CMM i think its the forward, how much length does it add to your rifle and is it any good sound reduction/ recoil wise mate ???

Couldn't tell you off hand, I'm working away just now and don't have the access to my Rifle, It's also fitted to my 22-250, so a noise comparison would be difficult, my 22-250 is very quiet with it though, I have a CMM6 to go on my .270 next week. But due to nothing but the positive comments about the ATEC, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

TJ

my tikka lite has a 20" barrel and i have one of the atec cmm4 mods, the rifle handles great, it does not make the rifle top heay at all, youd barely notice the mod on the rifle.

Definately recomend the atec mod.

wicklow202

I've got an ASE S5 on my X bolt stainless stalker and I find it a nice bit of kit. It's on a 243 though and I don't know if you can get them for 308.

The stainless steel of the mod matches the stainless of the barrel which is always nice!

Just fitted A-Tec cmm4 to my .270 brilliant piece of kit you cant even tell you've got a moderator on 220 grams in weight and easly stripped for cleaning you will not be disapointed

375 mag

Last edited:
Back