Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: variation

variation

hi lads , put in a variation for a 243 rifle for deer and fox and have received my certificate back today with the following condition [ the 243 rifle, sound moderator and ammunition shall be used whilst accompanied by an experienced stalker for shooting deer, fox and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police] Today i have rung the f/o to say, im not happy having to have an experienced stalker with me just for zeroing. His reply was i only need an experienced stalker when shooting deer or fox not when zeroing

Quote Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
    hi lads , put in a variation for a 243 rifle for deer and fox and have received my certificate back today with the following condition [ the 243 rifle, sound moderator and ammunition shall be used whilst accompanied by an experienced stalker for shooting deer, fox and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police] today i have rung the f/o to say, im not happy having to have an experienced stalker with me just for zeroing. His reply was i only need an experienced stalker when shooting deer or fox not when zeroing
    it seems it the way its going now the police add condition i think its just printed out from a sheet

hi lads , put in a variation for a 243 rifle for deer and fox and have received my certificate back today with the following condition [ the 243 rifle, sound moderator and ammunition shall be used whilst accompanied by an experienced stalker for shooting deer, fox and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police] Today i have rung the f/o to say, im not happy having to have an experienced stalker with me just for zeroing. His reply was i only need an experienced stalker when shooting deer or fox not when zeroing
    Tell him you're not happy with the wording then and ask him to put his explanation in writing. See how he feels about that. Might be worthwhile also asking him to define 'experienced stalker' just in case there's any future dispute.
    Last edited by Orion; 31-03-2011 at 16:58.

variation

ok so do i take a stalker for zeroing or not?

ok so do i take a stalker for zeroing or not?
    According to the current wording of your condition, yes it could be construed that you have to. Get it altered or ask them for written confirmation of any other meaning.

thanks for that, i have rung basc firearms they gonna get back to me

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    According to the current wording of your condition, yes it could be construed that you have to. Get it altered or ask them for written confirmation of any other meaning.
    interesting the English language, I would have read it as not needing a chaperone whilst zeroing, very ambiguous !
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    interesting the English language, I would have read it as not needing a chaperone whilst zeroing, very ambiguous !
    As you say, it's a very ambiguous wording of a very restrictive condition which is a b*st*rdised version of the standard one in the HO Guidance. The problem would arise if A N Other police officer decided to interpret it differently to the FEO/FLO who gave the answer. It's not worth the risk to take a chance, as you can bet a pound to a penny the verbal advice would be 'forgetten' if push came to shove. If they want to stick these things on at least they should make them clear.

So, in the eyes of the law exactly who/what is 'an experienced stalker' - will Barry George do?
    Last edited by Orion; 31-03-2011 at 18:32.

to be honest, i have an open fac for .22 and 17hmr so i dont know why they have stuck this condition on in the first place

Just one more example of those that think they should MAKE the rules, instead of ENFORCING the rules, I can't find any mention of this cr*p in Home Office guidlines..................... can you????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!