Browning .308 X-Bolt (Stainless stalker)

Foggy011983

Hi guys whats your views on the Browning .308 X-Bolt (Stainless stalker)

I thought I had settled my mind on a Sako, but im wondering condidering how much I will be using the 308 is it really worth me spending around £1200 on a Sako when I can get a Browing for around £700.

I did look into the Tika but to be honest I prefer the Browning over the Tika t3

So what do you guys think of the Browning?

Cheers Steve:D

Gotta X bolt stainless stalker in .243, great rifle, no complaints.

I'm currently waiting on a variation for a .270 and am considering a X bolt hunter if it comes through.

Gotta X bolt stainless stalker in .243, great rifle, no complaints.

I'm currently waiting on a variation for a .270 and am considering a X bolt hunter if it comes through.

Well thats a good start for the x bolt then LOL.

Thanks for your reply :D

ive just put a deposit on a 308 xbolt today s/s with fluted barrel :D =£760 not bad i thought

I had the same dilemma last summer, albeit for a .243. I went to the CLA Game Fair and went back and forth between the two stands, and asked a lot of questions there and online when I got home.

I decided to stick with the Sako, and I can't say I regret it at all. I have read a few people complaining about the X Bolt trigger, which is something you don't see with the Sako. I had already saved up the money, the scope had already arrived, so Sako won the day :)

I think the best way for me to go is to try out a x bolt and see how I get on. I tried a sako which someone on this forum was very kind to let me try and I did like it.

Ill have a play I think and decide from there lol

I know nothing about the x-bolt.
Does it come in short and long actions?
Will or did it replace the A-bolt?

edi

used an xbolt .243 nothing wrong with the trigger ,light and crisp with little travel .will proberbly go for a xbolt in 308 myself

4 Months ago I had the same confusion Foggy.
Tried both x bolt & sako.....there was are a clear winner for me.
I went for the Sako 85 stainless steel and had very good results, considering I'm a new to stalking.

I have the same situation as you but i have had the opportunity to fire both. the sako was a 25-06 and tha x bolt was a 243. I have to say I thought that the trigger was far stiffer on the the x bolt but, as far as I can tell it can be alterd.so it would have a saving for scopes and such.

Going to pick up my second X-Bolt in 30.06 on saturday, stainless synthetic with fluted barrel, tried both the Sako and the Tika, didnt like the feel of the Tika and the Sako was just too much money, in my opinion it wasnt worth the extra £400+that my local gunshop was wanting to charge for it.

I have one in 243. Yes the trigger is heavy in comparison to some. I overcame the problem by shooting my annie 520 in .22 which has an even heavier trigger. Now it feels really light. :D.
I can group 3/4 moa with cheap federal ammo. So if you can live with the trigger then yes it is a fantastic rifle that is as accurate out of the box as many rifles costing twice as much. But that is only my opinion. Now if only I could get one in Left Hand.

Back