Thread: sako bolt

sako bolt

sako finnfire p94s 22l/r, bolt handle barrel wanted . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy270 View Post
    Handy lil site , cheers

Good site with some nice bits...........but, there's a bit at the bottom of the main page stating they don't do international orders (...... unless you know different).

Shame 'cos I had the card out ready for a picatinny rail adaptor to fit my P94S.

MrYou - how much do you want to pay for a complete Finnfire bolt?

atb
    FBW

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    MrYou - how much do you want to pay for a complete Finnfire bolt?

atb
    FBW
    I give ya a clue , im a Yorkshire man ! If it more than polish twins in the local house, im stuck ..... wisper me a price , pm please.
    Last edited by MrYou; 02-04-2011 at 09:24.

What's the consensus? If you were to swap bolts - could you get away without using a head space gauge on a .22LR. Just interested in the theory of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DL View Post
    What's the consensus? If you were to swap bolts - could you get away without using a head space gauge on a .22LR. Just interested in the theory of it.
    Im guessing that , its all factory ammo used,so varying in OAL to start, hence why some are rofles are ammo fussy. So head space to a certain degree of tollerance will be ok, from a quality manufacturer. what says ........
    Last edited by MrYou; 02-04-2011 at 17:52.

DL - Finnfire barrels are just clamped in the receiver with 2 cross bolts - if it doesn't work then easy enough to loosen the clamp, add a FIRED round of your preferred ammo and the new bolt and re-tighten the clamp to 20-25NM's holding the barrel/action vertical on the bench with just the weight of your arm holding it down (As per Richard Pope of Swift Precision) Worked for me and should be close enough.

ATB
    FBW
    Edit: On reflection....20-25NM's is a lot! And probably way too much. At the time I also spoke to GMK's riflesmith - there's no official SAKO torque setting for these bolts, he just uses a hex wrench to the point it hurts his hand - to be fair Richard Pope also does this by feel rather than using a torquedriver or wrench. I had to use a 6" hex wrench to undo the cross bolts and think I did the same in the end - just don't give it that extra tweak.
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 04-04-2011 at 10:35. Reason: Possible duff info