Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poacher has been sentenced

Regular Poster

Poacher has been sentenced

Mr Weddell has been sentenced,
    He was fined.
    £350 for shooting a deer without permission.
    £600 for reckless discharge.
    £200 for breach of his firearms licence, which was withdrawn.
    £240 for no "L" plate'sand no insurance.
    Was disqualified from driving for six month's

Below is the origonal post

Hi Guys, My local paper "The Galloway News" Has in today’s edition a court report on a man from Newcastle named Brian Weddell of Ninth Row, aged 51 who has plead guilty of recklessly firing a rifle near Dalry, he plead guilty by letter after he appeared on 12 June this year.
    He discharged the rifle near Corriedoo from the A702 road from Dalry to Edinburgh, shooting and killing a roe deer, when there was a man stalking nearby he also admitted shooting the deer without permission and failing to comply with the terms of his firearms licence.
    He also admitted driving without "L" plates and without supervision or insurance.
    Sentencing was deferred to October 28 for Wendell to make a personal appearance.

ATB Barry

good result but has he still got his fac? I thought this would have been revoked?

£200 for breach of his firearms licence, which was withdrawn.
    Seems it has been, good result. Pity the powers that be could not catch more. Serious problem up here at the moment, including park deer. Jim

Regular Poster
    Jim , The big problem with park deer is that some of them have been darted with Imobilon, which makes them deadly if consumed, this is bad for venison sales when restaunt eaters start keeling over , not so bad when the poacher's eat it and keel over , but ieather way it is bad publicity for Venison.

ATB Barry

Good result. I'd like to buy the guys who put him in the dock a bloody good drink.

Scum didn't get a prison term tho did he? He can pay that little lot back a 10 bob a week... it sucks!!

MR my post not intended as a reply to your bud, I was typing and looked up and there you were. ATB

RF

Yes, the Beecraigs is being hit by poachers. Mostly I gather the roe but I would expect if a red presented they would not be that fessed
    http://www.welcometoscotland.com/thi...s-country-park
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by barry thom View Post
    Jim , The big problem with park deer is that some of them have been darted with Imobilon, which makes them deadly if consumed, this is bad for venison sales when restaunt eaters start keeling over , not so bad when the poacher's eat it and keel over , but ieather way it is bad publicity for Venison.
    Sorry Barry but that's not quite correct. Although a direct intravenous or intramuscular dose may be fatal to humans, (1,000 to 80,000 times more potent than morphine), the flesh from animals earlier dosed with Large Animal immobilon (M99) is not deadly to humans even if an antagonist has not been administered - as the drug is excreted via the liver within a relatively short time.

The reason for the removal of treated park deer from the foodchain in the UK has more to do with the lack of licensing and the agreement of a suitable withold period between the manufacturers and the authorities than any actual danger. That's the reason we stopped live capture of wild free living red deer by darting with LAI + Rompun in the mid 90s. Prior to that time wild and park/farmed deer that had received LAI were being eaten and nobody keeled over. Other countries do not have this ruling.

Good result on the poacher though.
    Last edited by Orion; 31-03-2011 at 21:26.

orion,

very interesting post, i must admit thats news to me as i too thought the meat was not fit for consumption due to contamination of the immobilon rather than licensing issue.

i wonder what Mike at jelen has to say re this. worth you starting a new post mate.

+1 on the poacher

f,

So you all think that it was a result ,don't make me laugh, time to pay your honor my client, your honor comes from a broken home ,so what jail him, hard labour that would empty the jails .