Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit/hare?

Rabbit/hare?

As most know, I'm headed to the UK to stalk deer. I'll probably be around London/Okfordshire and south. A year, or so ago, I saw a video about a guy who was culling rabbits. It was during daylight. Using a .22 he appeared to kill 5-10 or more rabbits per evening or morning. I don't know where. Is anyone aware of where this might be avaliable? thanks, capt david

David we have rabbits just about most places,

if you ask whoever you are stalking with they will set you up to shoot a truckload.

Rabbits are every were mate hares are not just as common but i am sure on a lamp you will take alot more then 5-10 we have had nights of well over a hundred in the biggar area.

Yep plenty of both around here. tend not to shoot teh hares they do very little damage on the land I shoot at. I prefer to watch them instead, theya re also an acquired taste if you decide to eat one.

Seem to remember Hares are game, whilst Rabbits are not,??
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Seem to remember Hares are game, whilst Rabbits are not,??
    Aye! and the man that shoots a hundred hares, any night, lamp or no lamp, in the Biggar area, is some guy....

"In Britain, the brown hare is afforded limited legal protection under the Ground Game Act (1880) and the Hares Protection Act (1911) and sale is prohibited between 1 March and 31 July. Hares are the only game species in Britain not to have a proper ‘close season’, when shooting is not allowed.

The brown hare is a priority species for conservation in the UK and has its own Biodiversity Action Plan, with the aim of doubling the population size by 2010. Unfortunately, hare numbers in Britain are still declining and it seems highly unlikely this goal will be achieved."

I dunno how well they did with their action plan... we're still scarce of hares, specially blue hares.
    Last edited by Tamus; 01-04-2011 at 13:26.

People keep telling me I could fall out in an empty room!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hare number are declining in Britain" im sick of the site of them you can easly see 9 Hares per field on my ground the farmer plays hell about them i like to see them but if the farmer wants rid then they have to go !!!!!!

Most nights out lamping we see 6-8 hares on 400 acres
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

area

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Rabbits are every were mate hares are not just as common but i am sure on a lamp you will take alot more then 5-10 we have had nights of well over a hundred in the biggar area.
    is it biggar area as in the place or was it went to be areas ?