Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wildboar just found roaming Cumbria

wildboar just found roaming Cumbria

Great news Wildboar have been found too be roaming the woodlands of North Cumbria!!
    Do you think that i should get a 6.5x55 for use on these boar? or stick with the .177 wobbly air rifle with the extra power wagon spring fitted ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020586.JPG   P1020584.JPG  
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    Great news Wildboar have been found too be roaming the woodlands of North Cumbria!!
    Do you think that i should get a 6.5x55 for use on these boar? or stick with the .177 wobbly air rifle with the extra power wagon spring fitted ?
    If they are they are escapees from a farm at Gatebeck Nr Kendal unless someones transported them up North but being as its the 1st April I will go with it did they wander up the M6?
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 01-04-2011 at 06:05.

I think that they must have swam the Solway at low tide and came over from scotland (who can blame them) but my wife says that they are from Orvis and are reared in Asia some were? (maybe china)

Have a good day you all

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

vicious looking bugger! will probably need a hefty calibre to knock the stuffing out of him
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

what a beast....

Do you recon thats the same beast in the pics?????? or is there a chance they are a breeding pair????

Probably be heading back north at low tide, will have seen enough of england by now,,if they came over this morning

nearly fell for it dohhh lol

Hallo I am new to this forum but would like to comment,we have alott of these animals on our farm and they are extremely destructive , my one neighbour had some chinese pottbellied pigs on his farm and he brought in a wild-boar bear,the neighboar accros the river had some wild boar in paddocks that he was breeding for the venision market,some ascaped and the end result is that we have a big problem with these pigs in our croplands, they are far worse than our own warthogs that are local her in our area ,it has gone to the stage that these animals are declared vermin.
    I do not know if any of you are farmers but they are realy destrucive animals and do cause a lot of damage.
    happy hunting
    cheers
    Willem

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    Don't want to worry you but his relatives have been spotted coming from the other direction at the M6 Tebay Services.

Attachment 5924

A pair of scissors will probably be enough to put one down.