Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutco Stalkers Knife on Special Offer!

Cutco Stalkers Knife on Special Offer!

Cutco Stalkers Knife on Special Offer!

Hiya,

If anyone is looking to buy a Cutco drop point knife as used by Chris Howard on the BDS Gralloching DVD then The Cutting Edge is selling them for 50 instead of 60 at the moment

http://www.cutco.co.uk/html/special_offers.php

Phi

good to know but.........is it just me or does that seem expensive for a plastic handled larder knife?

Bloody eapensive get a victranox or a cliper and they are far beter. IFACT FOR THAT PRICE GET 12

No No No You have no idea how much they are worth If Chris Howard used one in his gutting video then it must be worth a fortune.
    Just think how much better you will be able to carry out the Gralloch if you use the same knife as him
    Mind you Clippers are good too

I bought one a while back but to be honest I'm not that impressed with it. The blade is a bit too bulky for my liking. It now lives in my RTA box and my trusty old carbon bladed Mora clipper is the one I still carry!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I bought one a while back but to be honest I'm not that impressed with it. The blade is a bit too bulky for my liking.
    That was my thinking when I saw it too, a bit too broad for doing the intricate bits. In the BDS video he says it has a plastic insert in the scabbard too... however there is no mention of it in the link above so I guess this doesn't come as standard.

Points taken gentlemen.

My dad was a butcher and meat inspector and since he gave me my first pen knife at the age of seven (fifty five years ago) I have found it difficult to resist things which are sharp and shiny!! (Including a few women who could be described as such!!)

Consequently I have several different makes of knives, Boker, EKA, Kershaw, Helle, Karesuando, Mora, Frost, Gerber, Puma, Buck, Victorinox and one or two others including a damascus bladed knife that I bought at the Newark show a couple of weeks ago from two Pakistani guys for a mere 35!

It just crossed my mind that if anyone else feels the 'urge' to buy yet ANOTHER knife, then they might as well save a few quid.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    That was my thinking when I saw it too, a bit too broad for doing the intricate bits. In the BDS video he says it has a plastic insert in the scabbard too... however there is no mention of it in the link above so I guess this doesn't come as standard.
    It does, I succumbed to temptation and bought two drop point blades, one with conventional edge, one with a serrated edge both came with the removeable and dishwasher proof inserts in the scabbard.
    Great knives, good scabbards and big bright glowing hot orange non-slip handles, which is great cos I'd hate to lose one and buck knives etc just seem to hide in the grass ever so easy.
    However, I tend to carry a frost, bushwear or game fair special on my belt in the field and keep the Cutcos for the larder work.

I'm a bit like Philwilk I think, I buy knives even when I don't really need one and have amassed quite a collection so far, but then again, you can never have too many knives (except in public and when talking to a cop of course) and you never know when you'll lose one and will need a spare............

Quote Originally Posted by geoshot View Post
    It does, I succumbed to temptation and bought two drop point blades, one with conventional edge, one with a serrated edge both came with the removeable and dishwasher proof inserts in the scabbard.
    That's definitely worth knowing, thanks. A significant selling point for stalkers, you'd think they'd mention it!

I didn't even care!
    I mean why would I/anyone? I just put that one in there tongue in cheek like.
    They're ok knives, hold a good edge, but no better or worse than half a hundred other brands.
    Like I said, I use a bushwear knife that someone gave to me in the field cos I don't have to cry if I lose it.
    the handle is feckin day-glo orange and is seriously non-slip, but then again, so are loads of others.
    As for buying it cos Chris Howard uses it, well, if it's good enough for crusty...........