Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker Hale Price

Parker Hale Price

How much should i be paying for a second hand 1200 in 30.06.

Nicholiath, if it was new in it's box about 450 (if you can find one). A good one with well figured wood and nicely kept metalwork, somewhere about 150 to 250 depending on condition. I paid 290 for an M.81 Classic that had lovely wood and came with mounts, stupid, but it's lovely

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

November 2009 I brought this one for 275:-

Came with the Leupold mounts but not the scope

This is a late 1200C and came with a spare magazine.

I am asking as my village gunshop has one in that he is selling for a customer and he is finding out price for me. Did PH make any stainless rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    I am asking as my village gunshop has one in that he is selling for a customer and he is finding out price for me. Did PH make any stainless rifles?
    From what I've seen, mostly on guntrader, 30-06 go for noticeably more than a 243, 270 or 308. This holds for PH
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

The only stainless steel rifles that Parker Hale made (or distributed) were air rifles I believe. As far as I am aware they never made any stainless steel centrefire rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    No but Gibbs Rifle Company did make a 98 type actions sporter in stainless according to their cat flier. The Gibbs rifles do not have a good reputation for Quality control.

do genuine PH actions have parker hale stamped on them anywhere?

I think all the markings were on the barrels as they didn't make most of the actions themselves, they usually bought in the actions or used ex military actions.

The problem is Parker-Hale only marked a few models actions like the Hussar and some Safari's the rest are plain. The roll marked the barrels liek this:-

on a 2100 Midland

and here on an 1100 deluxe.