Thread: Riflesmiths

Riflesmiths

Looking to put together a 7mm08, from self sourced barrel,action, stock. Or should I say looking for a good riflesmith, with a reasonable turn around time, and unfortunately have been told that Precision Rifles can be 18-24 month wait.

Has anyone had any dealings with Richard Pope, or Steve Bowers, or Walker Rifles?

Not wanting this to turn into an inflammatory discussion, if any one has particularly stong views could they please pm me.

Many thanks

Davie
    Phone this chap he dose the work for a few so called rifle smiths he is top draw and will do what you ask.

Ask for NEIL 01189 333 100

I met Richard Pope on his stand at Bisley back in March. The examples of his workmanship were second to none and I was very impressed by his enthusiasm and attention to detail. I dont know about turn around time , but he was certainly a man to do the biz with. He had just built his father in law a plane , so Im sure he can screw a barrel onto a rifle!! ATB.

rifle smiths

I don't know where you are in the country. (although scotland might be a guess)

i have had good reports about steve kershaw in howden and John Carr in thorne.

swampy

Someone I would highly reccomend is Mike Norris of Brock and Norris. He has built rifles for several people that I know and all have been turned around quickly, to specification and have all been excellent shooters.

Mike is available on 07971169829

As a point of reference the last Border Stalkers shoot was won with a 6BR that Mike built on a Tikka m590 action. Stag1933 will attest to the excellent groups produced and if you frequent UK varminting both Shrek (the owner of the 6br) Ratwhiskers (rem 700 7mm o8) Elwood and a number of others all have rifles produced by Mike. If you want to pm those guys they'll tell you the same story.

Regards

Z

Re: Riflesmiths

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander
    Looking to put together a 7mm08, from self sourced barrel,action, stock. Or should I say looking for a good riflesmith, with a reasonable turn around time, and unfortunately have been told that Precision Rifles can be 18-24 month wait.

Has anyone had any dealings with Richard Pope, or Steve Bowers, or Walker Rifles?

Not wanting this to turn into an inflammatory discussion, if any one has particularly stong views could they please pm me.

Many thanks
    i think peter jackson has some sako 75 308 actions also mc millian stocks on the shelf if not he is getting a load in sep i am sure ,steve kershaw rebarreled my 75 in 9 weeks with a lother walther .270 its is a tack driver with all ammo i have put through

Suggested Riflesmiths

Many thanks to those that have offered their thoughts. Time to make some phone calls I think!