Thread: Funnel

Funnel

Funnel nightmare

I have a RCBS green funnel that when I pour the powder into funnel most go in the case and some of it collects on the sides of the funnel just above the case mouth, I have tap the funnel and the powder sticks to the plastic and refuses to go in so I have to push the last bit of charge off the plastic and into the case this is slowing my reloading down, could be static in the plastic or the powder.

So has anyone else had the same problem and what did they do to overcome this, before I buy a metal one.

Just cut the bottom off 243 nice tight fit over the 223 for now

Chris.
    Last edited by quiteman; 01-04-2011 at 21:04.

Yup,! I just cut it down a little so the case neck doesn't stick up into the funnel, but I was only having that problem with WSM cases.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 01-04-2011 at 20:41.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sounds like lube on the case neck

O_R

Seen somewhere to wipe them down with a tumble dryer sheet

Put the funnel in boiling water for a minute or so.
    dry and try.
    could help.
    edi

I've seen Muir advise dippig in soapy but non frothy/sudsy water and letting it drip dry. Lee's advice apparently.

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by quiteman View Post
    Funnel nightmare

I have a RCBS green funnel that when I pour the powder into funnel most go in the case and some of it collects on the sides of the funnel just above the case mouth, I have tap the funnel and the powder sticks to the plastic and refuses to go in so I have to push the last bit of charge off the plastic and into the case this is slowing my reloading down, could be static in the plastic or the powder.

So has anyone else had the same problem and what did they do to overcome this, before I buy a metal one.

Just cut the bottom off 243 nice tight fit over the 223 for now

Chris.
    If the static is holding the powder, try washing the funnel in soapy detergent and then letting it air-dry without rinsing. From then on, do NOT wipe your funnel out. Let the powdery residue season the funnel further.~Muir

Get one of these Lyman jobs. No mucking about with 2 piece pan and funnels, static can cause sticking but simply blowing on will discharge it.
    Best 7 I have invested in reloading.

whats wrong with a piece of A4 rolled into a cone?!