What would you expect....?

KGB

I am hopefully helping myself and others out here (no doubt someone has asked before):doh:

If you were stalking accompanied then what would you expect the 'new to stalking newbie' to bring with him/herself, apart from the willingness to learn and listen

I understand it varies from the terrain etc, but more so the essentials

Karl

Not that much to be honest I was in your shoes not too long ago ,I think the only real thing you need is a set of bins so you can stop to glass when your guide does you soon get in the habit of glassing frequently then you can ask questions and see for yourself the guide will have everything else you will need to enjoy your time out

This is slowly but surely becoming a bit of a fix now; I really enjoy going out on the ground even without company and rifle.

A good pair of waterproof boots is a must, and a midge net if its that time of year too.

View attachment hill stalking what to expect.txt

A little while ago there was a similar discussion and I said I'd knock up a short document on what to take hill stalking and what to expect on the day. The intention was to gather comments from those more experienced than myself but no one commented :) I will try and repost the document again here, I'm not saying it is gospel but it is my view. It would be great if someone would write one for woodland/lowland stalking as well.

Don't forget the T-ROLL for you just never can tell !!!:lol:

It would be a bit :oops: if you had to ask your Guide for some.

Rgds, Buck. ;)

Back