Harris bipod help

caorach

I've screwed up and somehow unscrewed the screw that holds my Harris bipod onto my rifle - you know the long one with the big head that pushes upwards and tensions the little clips that go through the sling stud.

Does anyone know what size the thread is or if replacement screws are available? I can't believe I'm the only person ever to lose this. I suspect that somehow it unscrewed while the rifle was on my back and I was walking along though quite how this came about I'm not sure but I guess it was rubbing on my back and working lose.

Today was a nightmare as i was out and about and in the afternoon the wind was doing that trick of always being at my back no matter what direction I tried to stalk in. Then I managed to break my laser rangefinder (fingers crossed it is just a battery but I have a bad feeling it isn't so simple as that) and then I spotted a deer and crawled into position only to try and put the rifle on the bipod and have the bipod fall apart. I then got my short sticks ready but the deer remained, at all times, a hind and so out of season and there was no sign of a stag calf that I was hoping for! What a day :) it is great to get out and about though.

Harris Bipods

I lost a piece of the swivel attachment on one of my Bipods.

Contacted the manufacturer in the States by email and a few days later i received new assy in the post FOC. Excellent service, so if you have any problem fixing it try them direct.

Cheers

Sportsman tried to sell me one for £8. Didn't need it in the end, after visiting their shop I found something very suitable in my pocket ;)

You not implying what i may think you are :eek: :-| But hey you should have checked your pocket first Garry it might

have saved you the trip . :doh:

Rgds, Buck.

Thank you to everyone for the advice - I've been through every screw i have in the house and none fit but to add to my woes some just nearly fit but have slightly the wrong thread. I think it is a communist plot!

Anyhow, I'm off out to try and shoot something. I will just have to get a little closer for a shot off sticks and the range finder I can survive without. No one local to me has a battery of the type that fits it - another part of the communist plot. I think it was Churchill who said something like "the disadvantage with capitalism is the uneven distribution of property and the disadvantage with communism is the even distribution of misery."

Great! Now it has started raining - seems the communists even control the weather :D

It will be an imperial thread not metric, so the local fixings company would be able to help or do you have a mate that works in the aircraft industry as planes are built in imperial

That reminds me I have a squeeky sling swival that needs a spot of grease. Very anoying final outing of the does last week.

Just measured mine, I believe it's 3/16 Whitworth or UNC. Don't think it will make any difference whichever you ask for. I have one in my pocket as I type, so if you want it I'll pop it in the post. Let me know.

Regards,

Mark.

I've screwed up and somehow unscrewed the screw that holds my Harris bipod onto my rifle - you know the long one with the big head that pushes upwards and tensions the little clips that go through the sling stud.

Does anyone know what size the thread is or if replacement screws are available? I can't believe I'm the only person ever to lose this. I suspect that somehow it unscrewed while the rifle was on my back and I was walking along though quite how this came about I'm not sure but I guess it was rubbing on my back and working lose.

Today was a nightmare as i was out and about and in the afternoon the wind was doing that trick of always being at my back no matter what direction I tried to stalk in. Then I managed to break my laser rangefinder (fingers crossed it is just a battery but I have a bad feeling it isn't so simple as that) and then I spotted a deer and crawled into position only to try and put the rifle on the bipod and have the bipod fall apart. I then got my short sticks ready but the deer remained, at all times, a hind and so out of season and there was no sign of a stag calf that I was hoping for! What a day :) it is great to get out and about though.

Thank you for your kind offer Mark, it is much appreciated. However now you've been so kind as to tell me what size the thread is I'm sure that I will have one about here somewhere as well - it is just a case of knowing what to start looking for. I'm pretty certain it isn't in my pocket though! Thanks for taking the effort to measure it out for me, reports or further begging letters will follow :)

Back